butterflies

"TAKE ONE!"
Rec daniel yells and slams his clapper board. I can still smell the alcohol on him from last night and the smell of his cologne is burned into my memory. I wonder if he thinks last night was a mistake, I hope he doesn't. But I'm getting ahead of myself, let's go back to the beginning, the day I met... him.

The first time I saw him was at the audition for a new short film, called "and that's when I realized" by rec daniel. I found out about it through a friend who suggested I give it a shot. She knew I needed a role to keep my agent happy, I thought why not what's the worst that could happen right? I show up. Immediately feeling insecure and below all the other actresses already there waiting to be called in. I sit down and wait my turn as well. Y/N someone yells from the background, i jolt up, and begin walking towards the empty echoey room with nothing but a table and three judgmental faces staring back at me.

The audition goes well, not great, but well. I got a few chuckles and a smirk or two, I got a "we'll be in touch!" but nothing special. I'm fine with that, "Thank you y/n"  they say in unison as I walk out of the room, but before i could get past the door I hear a voice yelling "excuse me y/n?" i turn back and see a tall man dressed in a black tee and and green cargos, with Bleached blonde tips in his hair ."You forgot to fill out ur contact info on the paperwork." He says in a nervous shaky voice. " oh my god I'm so sorry i was so anxious i must've passed it on accident!" i say. "It's cool I just thought I should let you know" he says with a smile. I smile back and apologize once more and walk away. "Who was that and why do i have butterflies? " i think to myself, i have got to stop falling for Every man who shows me any ounce of kindness.

back home and lying in bed I find myself still thinking about the mystery man, not even about the audition or worried if I would get the role, just him, just him and his infectious smile. I wonder who he is but to no avail I finally let my mind forget the encounters and I start to drift off to sleep.