-17-

I'm woken up by a loud bang. I shot up out my sleep in a panic ɓut calmed down when I realized it was just someone banging on my door.

"Calum get your ass up the Boyds are ten minutes away!" My dad screams. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I sat up and reached over for my glasses, putting them on after.

My dad's impatient banging got louder and I huffed, forcing myself out of my bed. I unlocked the door and opened in.

"What the hell were you doing? The Boyds are on their way and you are yet to get ready. You have ten minutes."

I leant on the door frame and sighed. "Dad, can I not wear a suit, please? It's not a fancy restaraunt they're coming to. We're just sitting at the table."

He sighs. "Son, it's only so you can have a clean record, so when you off to college there wouldn't be a dent on your record."

"But you're a cop." I remind him.

"I know, but abusing my authority will only make us look bad. Now go on and get dressed." He left me standing there and I rest my head against the door frame.

I can't wait until I graduate.

__

Dinner began at ten and the Boyd family was a minute early. Channing and I are seated across from each other. My mom and his mom are seated across and it's the same with my dad and his dad.

Channing is also wearing a suit and the boy has been tugging at his tie restlessly. And to be honest he looks like he'd rather get burned alive than to be here.

Same.

Our parents on the other hand has been talking about useless stuff. I was just dreading the time my parents would ask me the question.

"Well what about you Calum?" Mrs.Boyd asks. I gaze at her confused.

"Pardon me ma'am?"

She smiles. "Your career, you have so many feilds to choose from."

"Oh, I'm steering towards being a lawyer, so law school." I explain.

"That's amazing. I guess it runs in the family." She giggle. My mom and dad joined her and I just rolled my eyes.

"Calum is highly intelligent, he's always studying. He heard that you two are into politics and rushed to study on a few parties. I told him it wasn't neccesary to do so." My mom chuckles.

Tch liar.

"Oh really, what political party you're for Calum?" Mrs.Boyd asks. Mr.Boyd grinned.

"I think the boy is a bit to young to understand politics."

"Well GoodFairs is a shitty party." I explain. Spoons clanked and my mother, who's seated next to me, gazed at me.

I felt her stare but I didn't look at her, nor did I care.

"Calum watch your mouth."

"Oh no I agree. They want to drop the pay range of workers because they think everyone is overpaid. Can you believe it?" He explains.

I only looked up the worst political party and went from there. And I spend ten minutes searching.

"Wow I had no idea." My mom said. I felt something touch between my leg and I flinched. I gazed at Channing and he's drinking from his cup.

I pull my chair in further not wanting mom to see since she's right next to me. What happened was his feet pressed further to my crotch.

I dropped my left hand under the table and grabbed his ankle. Channing moved his foot in a circular motion, pressing gently.