Chapter six

Previously on the Devin Booker and TJ Warren: The Silver Lining,

"AAARRRGGGHHHHH!! AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!" Devin lets out an ear piercing scream while the midwife is still checking the progress of his labor. "Again Devin! Big push for me!" He screams repeatedly as the tears were flowing through his cheeks. "It's okay my love," TJ said holding his hand. "You're stronger than this," He continues praising him and wiping the tears on his face. "I know baby, don't cry," "No I have to cry because it hurts," Devin sniffles. "It's alright babe,"

"Almost there Devin! He's coming out now! Push!" Jeff commanded over Devin's screams as the midwife was able to pull the baby out carefully. "He's coming out now Devin hang in there!" He was wailing until he heard was the sound of a baby crying. Devin landed his head on the pillow panting heavily.

"Congratulations Devin! You have a baby boy," She held the baby that was covered with yellow fluids and blood. She placed the baby on top of Devin's chest. Devin was crying from all the pain he had gone through due to labor and delivery. "Devin Booker, you're a mom now," PJ said tearing up. The midwife cleans up the baby, weighing him and then returning the baby back to his mother. "So what's the name of your baby?" She followed. "Dalton,"Devin replied. "Dalton Armani Booker-Warren," "You did amazing babe," TJ smiled kissing Devin Booker on the lips. "We became parents now,"

*Bonding with the newborn*

Devin was singing his newborn to sleep while doing the skin to skin contact. The baby was asleep on Devin's bare chest and he couldn't believe his eyes that he was now a mother to Dalton. His teammates came to see him and said. "Is that baby Dalton?" Alex Len asked. "Yes this is him," Devin nods. "Hi baby Dalton," He holds him in his arms. Few of the teammates came to visit Devin Booker and yet, they were so excited about him becoming a mother even though he is already an NBA player. In most parts, Dalton was crying for a new life after he was born and yet, Devin couldn't help but cry tears of joy realizing that he is now a mother to his son. TJ Warren holds the newborn in his arms.

Alex Len went to the baby and whispered. "Hi there, I'm your Uncle Alex," "Do you want to hold him Alex?" TJ asked. "Yes I can," Later on, Alex holds the baby. "He's so perfect just like his mommy," While they were holding Dalton, he started to wake up crying.

Jeff Hornacek: Oh sorry, I think he wants his mom.

Devin Booker: don't worry coach, I'll feed him.

Jeff returns the baby back to its mother.

Devin Booker: don't worry baby Dalton, mommy will feed you hm?

Devin pulls the strap from his tank top and started breastfeeding him. "He looks so much like his mommy," Jeff said looking at the features of the baby. TJ Warren was laying down next to him as they were getting to know the new family member. Next, TJ bonds with the baby and Jeff took a picture. He placed the caption and said: Welcome to the World Dalton Armani Booker-Warren 👶🏻🍼🩵. The fans were thrilled knowing that Devin Booker gave birth to a baby boy. Later on, Devin called his parents on FaceTime. Mr. And Mrs. Booker were both extremely excited when they were having a grandson.

Mrs. Booker: Hi Devin, how are you?

Devin Booker: I'm doing alright Mom. Look at little Dalton.

Mrs. Booker: Oh my goodness! Is that my grandson?

Devin Booker: Yes mom.

Mrs. Booker: awwwww! He's so adorable!

Mr. Booker: he's such a cutie.

Devin Booker: I know right dad?

Mr. Booker: yep. Who helped you with your labor and delivery?

Devin Booker: my Midwife, PJ Tucker and Jeff Hornacek did.

Mr. Booker: I see.

Mr. Booker: that's good.

To make up the things that they did for not being supportive to Devin Booker after finding out he was pregnant. In fact, they decided to become a doting grandparents to Dalton. Although, Devin forgave them for their mistakes and moved on to the next one.

Little did Devin know that their life was about to unravel when Devin suspected that their baby Dalton was crying.

2 months later,

TJ Warren tried his best to get him to stop crying but wouldn't stop crying. "What's going on TJ?" Devin asked. "Apparently, our son won't stop crying and I don't know what's going on," "Okay, let me check his diaper," Devin checks the diaper and it turns out that the diaper was red. "Oh my Goodness! Okay, let's take him to the hospital," TJ drives to the hospital while Devin Booker brings baby Dalton to the clinic. "Help! My son's crying!" Devin Booker called for help. The nurse was there to help and said. "Okay, bring him to me, we'll take him to the emergency room," Devin waited anxiously for the doctor to tell him the news. Although, the doctor who was on the hallway told him that Dalton had the urine infection. Devin was sobbing.

"I know that it scary, I'm an uncle too so I know what it's like," Devin and TJ Warren were both sobbing. "It will be alright, we'll just have Dalton to stay there for 3-4 days so don't you worry, we'll try to  treat the urine infection and thankfully his kidneys weren't affected. We'll just inject him with the antibiotics and medicine to get rid of the disease," "Thank you," Devin said. "How much do I owe you?" "No worries, we're not going to charge you for bringing Dalton to the clinic, we'll give you the list of medications that you give him, so that he'll feel better," "Okay Thanks Doc, I really appreciate it," Devin and TJ were relieved that the doctor didn't charge them for the emergency room because they knew something was up.

One night Devin Booker was in the room starting to miss his son knowing that he was in the hospital. Of course, Devin gave birth to a son and he was their world. TJ told him that it will be alright and they will make sure that he was in good health.

Devin Booker: I don't know what's going on with our little Dalton.

TJ Warren: hey, it will be alright, just hang in there and we'll see him tomorrow ok?

Devin Booker: Okay