hot lawyers (2)

TWO – HOT LAWYERS (MULTIPLE PARTS)
BRANCE + RINNEY

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH 19:48 PM 1992
FINNEY, BRUCE & DONNA'S APARTMENT

Bruce was gobbling up a bowl of noodles, Donna was on the kitchen table helping Finney gather information, and Finney was pacing back and forth through the living room to the kitchen, holding a baseball bat behind his neck. Apparently, it made him 'think better'.

"That poor goddamn boy. He's been stuck in that fucking hellhole for 16 years, he's barely even lived a life," Finney said. Donna hummed in agreement and Bruce was focused on his show. "I know what it's like, but I got out when I was 14. I lived a little bit. He's fucking 23 and has barely even had the joys of smoking a joint behind the high school building or ditching class for a party."

Finney put down his bat and sat down across from Donna. He took a sip of whiskey and looked through the paperwork they have. "This is a file of his father's criminal record. About 6 felonies and 4 misdemeanours," Donna stated, handing Finney some paperwork. "He was charged for killing someone while drunk driving, but he must've had a damn good lawyer since he was pleaded not guilty."

Finney scoffed as he read the felonies and misdemeanours. He suddenly had a lightbulb and smacked the paperwork down on the table. He chucked his baseball bat down. "I have pictures of Robin's injuries."

"Was he comfortable with taking them?" Bruce said with a mouth full of ramen.

"I wouldn't have them if he wasn't, dickweed. I said they'd help him in the courtroom, and he let me take them immediately." Finney got his bag from the side of the couch, pulling out printed copies of most of Robin's injuries.

He put them on the dining table Donna was sitting and she audibly gasped as she went through them. Each one was worse than the other. "Sixteen years full of abuse." she muttered. Finney picked up his bat and held it around his neck again. Bruce stood up from the couch and stood behind Donna, looking at the pictures with her.

They were both coming down to that courtroom tomorrow to see what the fuck went down.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH 10:06 AM. 1992
THE COURTROOM

"Mr. Blake? Your client is here." Donna stepped aside and sure enough Robin was behind her. He was dressed in a suit and tie with his hair tied back in a low ponytail. A long blonde-haired boy stood next to him, also dressed in a suit and tie.

"Good morning, Robin. And I don't believe we've met, I'm Finney Blake." Finney stuck out his hand for the boy to shake.

The boy smiled and shook it gladly. "Vance Hopper."

"Nice to meet you, Vance. Robin, and Vance, this is my co-worker, Bruce Yamada," Finney stepped aside, and Bruce smiled sweetly at the two boys. "He'll be helping you on your case." Finney gestured to Robin.

They walked into the courtroom together. Finney and Robin took their seats at the left front desk, so Bruce and Vance took their seats behind that desk. Since the judge wasn't there yet, Finney stood up and stood in front of Bruce's desk.

"Hello Finney." he said.

"You're disgustingly nice today." Finney replied.

"Says you, you stayed up all fucking night with that bitch ass baseball bat and that same glass of whiskey gathering whatever information you can. Whatever happened to your 6 hours being important?" Bruce smiled smugly at him. Finney flipped him off and took his seat.

"What am I supposed to do?" Robin spoke quietly.

"Nothing, really. I do all the talking, unless the judge needs you to elaborate or confirm something," Finney smiled at the boy and Robin just nodded. "Hey, don't expect the worst, alright? I'm gonna get you the justice you deserve."

"Yeah." Robin whispered. Finney wasn't able to reply as the judge entered the courtroom.