Chapter 67

Sade's POV:

Sade's POV:

"Alright, spill," Diana instructed, turning in her chair to give me her full attention.

I'd been sitting in her office, silently trying to gather my thoughts for at least two whole minutes now.

At first she allowed it once I walked in here, babbling about work and Aria's wedding; everything but an update on Lauren. The minute I grew silent, trying to find something else to bring up, and remained silent when nothing came to mind, my stalling attempt faltered.

My attention trailed from my lap to her, and she simply arched an awaiting and knowing brow. Drawing a long deep breath, I decided to just air it out,

"My ex girlfriend is no longer my ex girlfriend," I blurted in a mumble. The second I saw her eyes widen, I looked down at my lap again before continuing.

"Wait a minute, what?" She asked in disbelief, then I heard her stand from her chair. When I glanced up, she'd began resting on the edge of the desk with her arms crossed. "What did I miss?"

"Ohhh, you knoww," I began while swaying my head nervously. "Just that we hung out for the first time as friends a few weeks ago, then almost kissed.... Then a few days after that, she came to my apartment, saying she missed me, so then I kissed her. And then she spent the night- but left the next morning without saying goodbye..."

Continuing to ramble, I twiddled my fingers, and averted my eyes from meeting Diana's. I'm sure they were poking out of her head by now, but shit, this wasn't even the half.

"Oh and then we had a get together with all the bridesmaids in Tampa- that was nice. And Lauren was like 'why're you avoiding me?' and I was like 'because you're still engaged and I don't wanna share you- so we can only be friends'.... then we kissed again-" I couldn't help but laugh at that part, letting my head drop while doing so. "Oh but wait, there's more," I said, playfully lifting a finger. "I had a business trip in California, and that just so happened to be where she lives... So you know me, I just haaad to pay her a visit... and then we slept together, so there's that," I laughed again nervously. "So uh, the next day she told me she loved me still and had never stopped, and I was like 'same'... So um, we're kind of like...back together???"

By the time I finished the rant, I looked up to find Diana simply hanging her head and shaking it. That caused me to grimace,

"Oh no...it's that bad??"

To my surprise, she then laughed. "I should've known," she said through a smiling sigh before meeting my confused stare. "You came up in here with this blinding glow. And while you were talking, I was just trying to figure out who did it."

"It could've been me," I playfully defended, laying a hand over my chest. "Self love is a thing you know?"

"Yeah but this ain't no self love glow and you know it," she laughed, flapping a hand in my direction. The blush forming on my cheeks became hard to hide and I bowed my head. "See, look at you, can't even deny it," she added in amusement.