Chapter 2- Dekhte hai Bhai

UTTARA'S POV ♡

I Slammed my bedroom door loudly. I sigh and walk towards my bed tiredly, I didn't got nice sleep from many days because of work. I fall on the bed, Spreading my arms and legs. I took a long break and released it. Relaxing on my bed comfortably.

"I wish everything was as easy as getting fat." I mumble tiredly.

Marriage... where two different people bound together by a knot and promise to live together forever. Till now I never think Of marriage or to start any relationship, This marriage and whatever thought never came in my mind. I am not understanding, Am I making the right decision? Will I regret? Will this marriage work or not?

"Hai bhagwan! main depression main chali jaungi." I mumble again, moving my fingers in my hair strands.

(Oh God! I will go into depression)

I jump in my current position on the bed, Just when my Bedroom door got opened banging on the wall. My eyes glared at the Great Advait Singhania, a really annoying elder brother. Sometimes I think I am the elder here, he just behave like a small kids infront of me.

"Welcome unwanted person." I said rolling my eyes.

I can see, he didn't like the note of sarcasm in my voice. Bhai closed the door behind him and walk towards me and sit down beside me.

"Aise baat karte hai apne bade Bhai se." He said and giving me a smack on my head.

(This is how you talks with your elder brother.)

"Owii! Bhai!." I rub my head, pouting and making a sad face.

"sorry little life." he said, giving me a kiss on my head where he smacked me and pulled me in his embrace. I smile feeling his warmth, I huggged his arm tightly and he gently pats my head. My smile was no longer on my face as I think about my decision again...

I know my marriage is just fixed, So much time is there but still. I will missed this two men, My Dadda and my Bhai. I was just 5 when Maa passed because of cancer and left me, Bhai and Dadda. After Maa's death dad was always depressed and worried about us. Dadda's friend suggests him to marry again so me and Bhai will have a mother, but he didn't agreed because Dadda love maa very much, he told me he would never love a women except maa.

It's takes a Strong father to be a Mom too. Dad was best Dad also the best mother, he played both important roles in mine and Bhai's life. He was a Dad who would make me and Bhai ready for school, He would braid my hair and tie Bhai's shoe less. He was a Dad who would work so hard but still come early for us. He used to be tired after coming from company but still used to feed us by his hands and read stories for us at night.

Any man can be a father for taking responsibilities of his child, but some can only be a Dad who would also love and take care of his child like a Mother too. My eyes started to turned teary, I bite my lip controlling not to let my tears fall but I failed. I felt Bhai's hand stopped on my head.

"Meri pyaari titli kyu ro rahi hai?" He look at my face and wipe my tears with his thumb gently.

(Why is my lovely butterfly crying?)

I shake my head, not knowing what to answer him. He push my face in his chest hugging me tightly. He was silent for a moment and than said.

" I know what's going on your mind. My little life always remember if you ever need me, I am always there for you, like
Whenever you are crying call me I will come with my mobile to click your pictures." He said making me chuckle, I felt his chest vibrates as he also laugh with me. Than he continue--

" Little life It's not like you are going far away from me right. You are going to live in the same city just in different home. I will be the happiest person on your Vidaai" Bhai teased me.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Dekhte hai Bhai."

(Let's see.)

✽+†+✽―― - ――✽+†+✽

Today was my off day from hospital, I thought to take some rest because yesterday whole night I was in the Operation Theatre, The patient was having problem while delivering the baby. She lost all her strength while trying to push the baby out. After many attempts the baby finally came out. That moment I and my staffs finally breath in relief. It was a happy moment for me looking at the woman who was gently smiling at her baby girl.
The baby girl was weak her weight was low, so we have to keep her in the NICU (Neonatal intensive care unit) Now I have to go to check the baby and finish the incomplete work that I left because of yesterday's emergency delivery.

I look at myself for last time in the mirror. I wore a pink sleeveless kurti with black plazzo, the kurti have a touch of gold designed patterns. It huggged perfectly to my body, it shows my curves. I left my waist length hair opened which are curly at ends. A golden locket with a small diamond with butterfly carving. Bhai gifted me. It's one of the favourite gifts he gave me from my 1st birthday to my 28th birthday. When the locket came around my neck for the first time, he gave me a nickname 'Titli.' (Butterfly)

I smiled remember the moment. I left my bedroom with my purse and mobile. Walking downstairs in the living hall, my eyes meet the first person who was already looking at me. Arrggg! I was not interested to face her. My Chachi who must have came after shopping a whole mall. Shopping bags were in her both hands. Her whole wrinkled face covered with makeup. My eyes turn to Kashmira who was siting beside her mother her whole face was covered with green paste I guess Facemask... maa or betee kisee jokar se kam nahin hain. I tried not to roll my eyes.

(Mother and daughter are no less than a joker)

I plastered a smile on my face and join my both hands, greeting her. She gave me a loving smile. I know how fake her smile is just like her. I turned to my dad who was reading newspaper on couch while sipping his coffee.

"Dad I am going to hospital." I said getting his all attention on me. He passed me his gentle smile. Before dad could say anything chachi interrupted between us.

"Meri bacchi, main abhi aayi hu or tum ja rahi ho thoda time to bitao apni Chachi ke sath."

(My child, I have just come and you are going, spend some time with your aunt.)

"Chachi mere pass ap ke sath time spend karne ke liye bilkul time nahi hai. You must not know right how busy person's life is, who work and earn money by own." I said innocently looking at Kashmira & her mother whose smile drop down from her face.

(Aunty I don't have time to spend with you.)

"Ah.. haan betee muze p..pata hai." She said clenching her fist on the shopping bags. I can clearly see how embarrassed my dear Chachi and her daughter is. Both this woman loves to spend Dad's and Bhai's money. Both mother and daughter left the living hall.

(Yes daughter I k..know.)

I look at dad who's eyes lit with amazement. I shrugged and smile at him, he chuckle.

"Come back home early sweetheart, we have guests tonight for dinner." He said giving a peck on my forehead. He was looking more happy. Why I don't know the reason? I stare at him he passed me a gentle smile. I wanted to ask him but he left the living hall.

"Chalo Hospital Dr. Uttara Singhania." making my way out.

(Let's go)

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

• If I successfully complete this Novel by getting your support guys, I will be really happy, I will try to write more stories.

• Love you guys.)⁠♡

Thank you