TWELVE

"Treachery!" Lord Sopaspian shouted, pointing at the archers. "They shot him! They murdered our king!" He mounted his horse and fled back to his troops.

"Be ready!" Peter warned the archers.

"Peter!" Caspian pointed at a soldier charging at Peter. Without much of a fight, he cut the soldier down.

"Go!" he shouted at Caspian, who galloped into the 'How'. Almost just after this, the catapults began dropping large boulders around us. I could feel strong vibrations as the boulders hit the ground. I drew my sword but Peter stopped me. "No, go with your brother!"

I turned to him, ready for the battle. "No, I'm staying!"

"Camila, please. It's not safe!" he insisted.

"I'm not leaving you!"I looked him dead in the eyes, fire practically burning through them.

"Please. I need you to go with him. I need you to trust me." he held my shoulders and I squeezed his arms.

Without another second I kissed him. "Promise me I'll see you when this is over." I held back the salty tears that welled in the back of my eyes.

Peter pressed our foreheads together. "I promise." I squeezed my eyes shut. "Now go!"

I took one last look at him before sprinting into the 'How'. Inside, the rest of our troops waited. I mounted a horse and held a place next to my brother. "Narnians," he started. "Charge!!" The lot of us simultaneously screamed a battle cry and charged through the cave.

"One, two, three, four." I counted out loud as we approached the spot.

"Five six seven." Caspian continued.

"Eight, nine..."

"Now!!" Caspian cried as we all drew our weapons and pummeled down the clay pillars, collapsing the ceiling above us. I narrowly dodged several falling rocks and followed my brother. We approached the exit and we charged out into the light. We galloped through, circling back to cut off the other side of the Telmarines.

I cut through hundreds of men on my horse, slashing at any on the side. Then, my horse stumbled and I looked back to see an arrow lodged in its back. It toppled over with me on it. I scrambled to get up and reoriented myself. I picked up a fallen sword and continued to demolish several men with two swords.

Suddenly, my ears were filled with the sound of marching. I looked to the forest to see the remaining Telmaranin troops advancing on us. It was then that I realized that Lucy had not come back yet. But I couldn't get distracted. I continued to fight when I heard Peter's voice, a small sort of relief.

"Back to the 'How'!!" he shouted. I could not see him, but I fought my way back. When I had made it near the entrance, I was cut off by falling stone as the Tamaranian catapults destroyed the entrance. I was smart enough not to keep moving forward, but a stray amount of rubble caught me by surprise. I couldn't run before I was buried in it. I barely heard Peter scream my name as I fell. I struggled to set myself free from the heavy stone, but they were too heavy. Then someone had pulled the stones away from my body. Peter took my arm and pulled me out, my brother moving the rest away.

"Are you alright?" Peter asked me, clearly worried.

I winced as I felt the sting of blood on the side of my head. But I was fine. I could still fight. "I'm alright." Peter held my head to his and we touched foreheads again. I looked around at the field and saw the Tamaranian troops surrounding ours. Edmund, Susan, Caspian, Peter, and I were lined up and we glanced at each other. Somehow we came to a mutual understanding. We drew our weapons and Peter led the remaining troops and us back into battle.

The fighting was long and tiresome. The five of us stayed roughly close to each other, bringing down tens of soldiers at a time. I spun through, slicing multiple men with my two swords. I fought beside Peter and I suddenly realized that we were being boxed in. There were few of us left, and the space of battle was growing smaller by the second. I looked to my right and saw my brother become overtaken by two soldiers and he fell backwards into the ditch. "Caspian!" I yelled after him, quickly taking down the two men.

Just then, I felt a firm rumbling in the ground. Looking behind me, I saw hundreds of trees travel through the battlefield, taking down hundreds of soldiers and scaring away the rest. Peter helped my brother up from the ditch and looked at me with a smile. "Lucy." I returned his smile as our troops cheered. The Telmarines ran towards the river, and the remaining Narnian's followed, the five of us leading the way.

When we made it out of the woods, the entire Telmaranian army was standing still. I peeked over them to see Lucy, her dagger out. Then, I saw Him. a great lion appeared behind Lucy. Aslan.

"Charge!" Lord Sopaspian shouted. The army advanced, but was stopped when Aslan let out an ear splitting roar. Suddenly, the river burst up into a huge water giant. It drowned several soldiers, thrashing them around as it pleased. It then went below the bridge, lifting it up like it was nothing. It stared at Lord Sopaspian and he seemed very frightened. After a moment, the water dove down, consuming the bridge and the Lord with it. As the water calmed, I looked around at the soldiers. They were surrendering.

It's over.

AUTHOR'S NOTE - wow this was a lot shorter than I thought it would be. Sorry for that, but the last few chapters will hopefully have more to them. Thank you for the support! I will update again soon!