⁞001⁞

————————⁂————————

⁞001⁞

«» The feeling «»

What was that feeling?

Achilles couldn't quite put his finger on it, but it twisted and turned like an itch begging to be scratched. 

It was quiet. Eerily quiet considering the loud and almost unbearable noise that emitted from dear Agatha the night before. 

Achilles couldn't help but groan from the old, scratchy couch that he was currently lying on. With the uncomfortableness never leaving his side, he got off the couch looking to see what was wrong.

John B had begged him the night before to stay at his place instead of try and drive back.

He had tried to leave, but before he knew it, both John B and JJ had strapped him onto the couch, clutching as hard as they could so that he wasn't able to leave. 

He ultimately gave in after JJ threatened to call his mother. 

While most people thought the château looked like a dump, the Pogues always thought it was their sanctuary. 

It had protected them from storms, responsibilities, and temporary homelessness. When he was younger, Achilles always thought it was listening in on their schemes and keeping their secrets for them. Of course, he never told the others that. 

The quietness of the place is what gave him an ominous feeling. It almost felt inimical. Like it was ready to pounce on them the moment they turned their backs. That type of feeling is always dangerous.  

He felt that feeling when he thought they had lost JJ after finding him passed out in front of his house. 

He felt it again when all he saw was John B in front of him, yelling at him to stop. JJ's dad was passed out behind him with blood all over his face.