Chapter 4: The Chosen One

Slytherin Dormitory [September 2 1991]

The rays of light peeking out of the windows awake Alexius as he groggily rubs his eyes. He snatch his silver watch as he checked that it's still 5:30 in the morning.

He leaps out of his bed and heads straight to the bathroom where he takes a shower.

As he's done he quickly dries himself up, quickly combing his hair while he puts on his gray trousers, white button up shirt and a gray jumper vest on top of it. He then slips in his Slytherin robe before adding in his Slytherin silver and green tie. He then puts on his dragonhide boots and gloves before checking himself in a mirror.

He stares at the mirror as he practiced smiling just in case he needs to charm some people. When he's satisfied he grabs his wand  and gives a wave of goodbye at Semia before leaving the room and locking it with his wand.

As he steps into the common room he finds it empty with the exception of Daphne Greengrass whom are already lounging in the living room.

"Goodmorning Daphne, Didn't expect you early in this morning." Alexius greets her as he sits besides her.

"Goodmorning Alexius." She turns to greet him but frown as she sees him.

"What? Is something in my face?" Alexius ask feeling confused.

She doesn't say anything as she drew closer. "Your hair is a mess and your tie is a mess."

She then waved her wand at the confused Alexius as his hair starts to slick back and fix itself. After that she proceeded to fix his tie stepping too close for Alexius's personal comfort.

As she finishes Alexius sigh in relief only to find Draco grinning at him.

"What?" Alexius ask as a small barely perceptible blush appears on his face.

"Nothing." Draco simply stated as he continue grinning at the two.

Alexius rolls his eyes at his friends as he settled down to an armchair in the middle of the common room. It was peaceful due to the absence of the other students with the exception of the occasional bickering and banter of Draco and Daphne but still he relax and settles his mind as he reads a book about different types of charms and hexes.

However it doesn't last long as after a while students come out of their room and flock into the common room in preparation for their class.

Alexius look around searching for someone.
"Did someone wake up Blaise and Theo? It's about time that we go to the great hall before the class starts."

"Yes, i've sent Pansy to go get them, they'll follow us so on we go." Draco replied.

The trio walks out of the room and navigate themselves through the vast halls of Hogwarts. Alexius noticed that few people are outside their dormitories this early in the morning. It's quite peaceful and refreshing to breath fresh air without students bustling everywhere.

Alexius pushed open the large wooden door of the great hall and strolled in.

He notices very few people are in the room but he sees that Alexa, Harry and Neville are all already in the Gryffindor table staring gloomily at their breakfast.

He makes his way towards the table Draco and Daphne following suit. As they arrived the three Gryffindors turned their head towards him as a smile slowly formed on their lips.

"Goodmorning my dear siblings...and Neville, why do you all look so gloomy these early in the morning?" Alexius sits down with them sensing something wrong with them.

Harry turned to him with a weary smile. "Since yesterday Edward keeps picking up on us and convinces the rest of the Gryffindors to do like so."

Alexius's expression turned stoney as he hears this. "Don't worry, I'll take care of him." Alexius mutters as he along with Draco and Daphne turns around and heads towards the Slytherin table.