Chapter 6: The Dome

Matthew's POV

Before last night, I didn't think I would ever do something so stupid, yet so logical at the same time. It was all for the sake of our safety. For both me and Rose. But it felt like the worst possible decision I could have made. I have been hungering for her. Craving her in every possible way. Yet I declined her attempts for romance. And as torture, the beautiful image of her was ingrained in my mind. And her soft lips were only a memory now.

As much as I had wanted her I had only done this to myself. But I knew deep down that it was for a good reason. I know that if my people had ever found out about me having relations with a vampire, that they would surely go after her. And her having such little understanding of how the dynamic between our people is. I just couldn't do that to her.

As I had continued my walk towards the dome, my mind would continue to spiral. Thoughts upon thoughts would cloud my mind. And every single one of them, would be of her.

I would walk and walk until I would enter a cave. And in this cave, there would be a large boulder at the end, where you would reach the darkest end of the cave. Too heavy for any human to lift. Too heavy even for their little machines. And upon lifting it and placing it to the side, there would be another much more beautiful Forest, in a somewhat enclosed area full of other caves, that were known as pocket rooms. The moon would glisten down on it all. This was the dome.

When entering the dome, it was mandatory for all of us to be in our strongest forms

When entering the dome, it was mandatory for all of us to be in our strongest forms. The strongest that we could control that is. There are three forms that we are capable of taking.

The first being the base form. In this form our eyes change color, our teeth and claws become sharper and our senses become more powerful than they were previously. Although we already have certain strengths without any transformation at all, this simply heightens them.

Our secondary form is the Wolf form. It varies from person to person, but most are capable of having wolf ears, a tail, and fur all over their body while leaving their face uncovered. Some only have it on their torso and arms, while others have no fur at all and only obtain wolf like hands and ears. But again, it can vary in many different ways.

The third form, is our final form. And it is know as the Beast form. For centuries it has been the only form that many of our kind find the most difficult to have control over. It is the strongest and is capable of destroying mountains, some have even said that it can break entire meteors, but it is because of this uncontained power, that it is so difficult to control. Very few have been able to control it, and most never even achieve the form at all.

I would then take my strongest form. My Wolf form, as I entered the dome.

 My Wolf form, as I entered the dome