l i f e l e s s

MAIA GOLDBERG/RHEE
"The Loner Turned Lover"

MAIA GOLDBERG/RHEE"The Loner Turned Lover"

*:・✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚

Carl, Michonne, Gabriel, Judith and myself wave a goodbye to the group headed for the hospital, feeling hopeful and happy with the fact that Beth will be retuning to us so soon. The large truck we had found, and that is now being used as transport, pulls off the grass of the church's front lawn and onto the gravel road. Rick waves through the window as they turn into a small speck in the distance.

Daryl, Tyreese, Rick, Sasha, and a newcomer, Noah, are leaving today to bring Beth back.

After finding Daryl emerging from the woods, I immediately rushed him inside and woke the others. Trudging in after him was a boy, maybe two or three years older then Carl and I, he knew Beth and knew of how to get her back.

After the prison collapse, Beth and Daryl had found one another, but in a flurry of a walker hoard, they were separated and Daryl watched in horror as a black car drove off with her.

The night Gareth and his men stormed the church, Daryl and Carol had spotted the same car driving off. They acted quick and followed the vehicle all the way into the heart of Atlanta and to the Grady Memorial Hospital. After Carol got taken it by the survivors within the hospital, Daryl and Noah returned with a plan to retrieve Beth and Carol.

The five of them are presently leaving with the idea of capturing the hospitals members in a form of trade for Beth.

I am overjoyed with the fact that Beth is alive and that I will get to see her again today. Along with Carl, she's one of the people I've missed the most while being separated from the group.

"Well," I clap my hands together. "We've got some time to kill." I look around at Michonne, Carl, and Judith and they smile softly back at me. However, Gabriel looks distraught, most likely still coping with the fact the interior of church had just been destroyed in order to safely secure it while the other half of the group adventures out.

"I'll be in the rectory if you need me." Gabriel's face and tone are void of any emotions as he speaks to us. He moves slowly and trudges back inside.

"Alright," Michonne says. "Let's head back in, too." With a confused stare at the retreating Gabriel, the four of us wander back into the church. "Carl, Maia, help me out." Two large wooden slats are lain against the wall beside the door, meant for safety and boarding it up. The two of us step to her and give her a hand. We press the wooden boards firmly against the door as she bangs it into place through the use of nails. "There." She sighs. "Safe and sound."

We turn back to face the church and examine its completely changed state. It's mostly empty, many of the benches taken down and the wood being used to board up some of the doors, along with this, the organ and its pipes has been dismantled entirely. "Y'know what?" She looks to us as we walk along the red carpeting. "I think this is the first time in a while that we've been able to relax."