Dread

When Roman was a little boy he ALWAYS went to this lake with his parents and family. He always had fun. It was like his escape from real life. His parents couldn't hurt him and his siblings if they were around their aunts and uncles.
He had vivid memories of playing in the lake with Remus at just the age of 7.

Roman pov, age 7.
I splashed Remus and he splashed me back. I grabbed some sticks.
"Stick fight!!" We both exclaimed.
We pretended we were having a knight swordfight.
That was fun.

So if Roman had fun—if this was his escape- why did it feel different this time?
Well it had been years since he has been to St Angelica's Lake. In the years he hadn't been there it had been closed down and reopened as a place for summer camp.
That is where Roman was going. Summer camp.
Specifically Summer Camp for "misbehaving children".
Roman never misbehaved, why was he going here?
Renee claimed that all she wanted was perfect children, and that she didn't want to have to "make Ryker hurt them." Was he not perfect? Is that why he was claimed as a "misbehaving child"?

On top of this, for the past few years Roman and his siblings had started going to their step dads (Roxy and Rivers dad) for the Summer. He loved him. Ryan never hurt them, and even enjoyed musicals with Roman.

They arrived.
God, so many people he would have to talk to and make new friends with. Roman is usually social, so that didn't bother him, but he was afraid they wouldn't like him. He was loud, as his parents said.
Loud.
Annoying.

God he dreaded this.

The place was still very much gorgeous.
Fairy lights strung up, wooden houses lined up along the lake. Kayaks hanging up on a wooden fencing. And of course the campfire.
There were docks. Multiple.
It looked inviting.
Why was he dreading it?

He got out of the car with Remus, River, and Roxy.
Hey, at least none of them had to endure the abuse for the summer.

"Goodbye, Roman fix your hair. Remus don't come home with any dead animals. Roxy, don't come home with any piercings I know how you are. River ... eh." Renee said. Then immediately drove off.

She didn't even say "I love you."
_________________________
The siblings all went up to the camp counselor. His name tag told them that his name is Camerone.
He had blonde hair, brown eyes, and freckles. And... he was a werewolf?
(This is one of my friends ocs, we stan Camerone)
"Hi! I'm one of the camp counselors, Camerone! You guys will be split up into groups!" He handed them papers telling them which groups they were in and where they were staying

Romans Pov
I looked at the piece of paper. I was staying with 5 others.

Logan Berry.
Patton Harper.
Virgil Smith.
Janus Duncan.
And...Remus Kingslee!

Oh thank god, someone I know was gonna be with me. Not to mention it was my twin!
I was worried about Roxy and River being split from us though. River is strong though, and from what I could tell they would be in a cabin together. So River could definitely punch someone if they harass him or Roxy.
Although Roxy is pretty strong too, so she might not even need much defense.

"Remus! We're sharing a cabin!" I exclaimed.

"Yeahhhhh! Also this one dudes name on the list sounds really close to virgi-"
I covered his mouth rolling my eyes.
"Whaaaatt? I wonder if he is a virgin!" He attempted to say, but it was muffled by my hand.
"Let's just go to our cabin, okay? Bye Roxy! Bye River! Love you guys!"

They waved and we headed to our cabin.

But there was still that sense of..

Dread.

A/N : 645 words excluding authors note!
Well, what did you guys think? I think I'm getting way better at writing, maybe this will be a long lasting fanfic! I'm enjoying writing it!
Should I continue?