♡ composer + doting s/o hcs . ˚⊹꒷

💰— warnings ୧・possibly ooc.

꒰🎹꒱・Similarly to Joseph,   Frederick   is   also   a fairly closed-off and introverted aristocrat

꒰🎹꒱・Similarly to Joseph, Frederick is also a fairly closed-off and introverted aristocrat. His struggles with family and fame often lead him to unconsciously push people away, a rather curt persona in place to protect him from pain or disappointment. While I imagine that he'd struggle to show his appreciation for a more doting partner, I do think that he'd still be deeply grateful for the concern you show him.

꒰🎹꒱・Due to the nature of his fame, Frederick also faces struggles with his confidence and self-esteem, and takes some time to fully warm up to the idea of actually dating another person. Out of everybody else, you'd really choose him..? It's just... Forgive him for being so blunt about it— difficult to believe. Surely, there would be somebody better suited. Such thoughts lead him to becoming slightly colder once you become official, but he quickly opens up again if you continue to show interest in being with him.

꒰🎹꒱・Leading into the next point, I imagine that Frederick's preferred way of receiving affection would easily be words of affirmation . Reminding him that you care for him, that you love him and won't abandon him—that you genuinely believe he possesses musical talent—it all serves as a ꒰much needed꒱ boost to his confidence. If you also express your preference to receive words of affirmation, he'll do his best to reciprocate them, though his awkwardness can lead to some relatively comedic moments. He's... trying his best.

꒰🎹꒱・One of his favorite ways to express affection, however, is undeniably through music. This becomes the main way that he'll show his care for you during the beginning stages of your relationship, too—as he takes some time to become comfortable with being physical and doing things like cuddling. He takes great pleasure in being the one you come to when you'd like to hear a particular song, and you're the very first to hear any and all of his new compositions. He'll practically memorize your favorite songs as well—even if you don't ask him to play them that often—as he'd like to make sure he can play them perfectly for you.

꒰🎹꒱・He's also a shockingly good cook. After being disowned by his family and before he'd simply resigned himself to playing for the upper-class, Frederick had to provide entirely for himself, and he'd been quick in picking up such essential skills. If you're feeling down, or— Yidhra forbid injured after a match, he'll sneak into the manor's kitchen and make you something in the attempt to cheer you up. You try to do the same for him, though his skills seem to surpass your own.

꒰🎹꒱・His psychasthenia has turned him into quite the hopeless insomniac, though his arrival in the manor has only exacerbated the issue. The halls tend to become eerily quiet at night, most other inhabitants tending to fall asleep rather quickly due to the exhaustion of matches. Without any music— or sound, even —it's terribly difficult for him to block out the noises in his mind. There's been many times where you've invited him to sleepover only to wake up during the night and find him watching you with a dead tired expression on his face. You nearly even screamed the first time it happened.

꒰🎹꒱・Although it doesn't always fully block out those noises, humming along to the tune of one of his piano pieces does do quite a lot for him, and he greatly appreciates it whenever you do so. While the thought of doing so seems rather cruel to you, he knows that it would be far easier for you to just... drift back off to sleep and leave him to his own misery—and he regards those late-nights as some of the most peaceful moments within the manor.

꒰🎹꒱・Once he ꒰eventually꒱ warms up to the idea of cuddling, expect to find Frederick unconsciously tapping your skin as though he's playing the piano. Whether it be your arm, back, or leg, it's a rather uncontrollable habit of his—and he tends to get incredibly embarrassed if you tease him for it. This habit of his will also grant you sneak-peeks into any new compositions he's been working on, and there have been times when he's shot up from his spot after getting an idea for another chord or melody.

꒰🎹꒱・His room can only really be described as an organized mess. Filled with various types of sheet music and instrumental equipment, Frederick knows the location of absolutely every one of his things—even if they all seem to have been thrown around haphazardly. Before realizing just how attuned he was to the trainwreck within, you'd attempted to help him out by cleaning his room for him—though your efforts were rewarded with the sight of Frederick doing his very best to keep from yelling. Truly, he did appreciate the sentiment, but... How about you just leave it to him, next time? 

꒰🎹꒱・He will , at least, try to make his room slightly more presentable whenever you decide to visit it. Even still, he usually only remembers to do this when you're already standing right outside his door. Watching him open it with an annoyed look on his face, realize that it's you, and then quickly close the door once again so he can rush to try and clean is incredibly hilarious—and you often have to force down your laughs until he's out of sight again.

꒰🎹꒱・Frederick is highly prone to migraines due to his habit of overworking himself. You find yourself having to physically drag him away from his piano whenever this happens, as he's seemingly far more willing to endure the unnecessary pain than to simply take a break and allow himself the time to recover. Even so, offers to massage his scalp are almost immediately accepted, and it'll occasionally allow him to fall into a much needed slumber. Despite the occasional twitch of his brow, he looks quite peaceful, especially so with his hair down and spread out.

꒰🎹꒱・Has the tendency to bite the skin on his lips whenever he's working on composing a new piece. They're incredibly chapped because of this, his immense focus often leading him to neglect things like drinking enough water. You do bring him glasses, but they usually just pile up around his desk. A slight scolding, and he'll make sure to clear that queue of water before getting right back to work.

💰— adi moment ୧・an anon request from my tumblr! this was a really cute prompt, though i realized i was kinda drifting from it halfway, haha

💰— adi moment ୧・an anon request from my tumblr! this was a really cute prompt, though i realized i was kinda drifting from it halfway, haha... they both dote on each other! this was also the first time i've written anything for frederick, so i apologize if i mischaracterized him—constructive criticism is always welcomed! hope you enjoy! ꒰˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶꒱