♡ photographer + sleep hcs ꒰mini꒱ . ˚⊹꒷

💮— warnings ୧・𝗻𝗼𝗻𝗲!

꒰⚔️꒱・First thing first,   Joseph   is both a late sleeper and a late riser

꒰⚔️꒱・First thing first, Joseph is both a late sleeper and a late riser. Sure, his title may not hold any real weight within the confines of Oletus Manor, but he's quite literally an aristocrat—he needs his beauty sleep! The hecticness of the manor occasionally has him playing in matches for a majority of the day, oftentimes returning with pockets worth of photos that need to be developed. This process takes him well into the night, and it certainly doesn't help that most of the photos are of random parts of the maps that he plays in—considering that he tends to use whatever camera is closest to him in order to save time. All things considered, don't be too surprised when you suddenly feel an extra weight sliding beneath your covers at some ungodly hour. He does his best to be quiet, at least.

꒰⚔️꒱・Despite his own questionable habits, Joseph will absolutely get on your back if you have a bad sleep schedule—using your eyebags ꒰assuming you have them꒱ as a form of evidence... despite the small ones that have formed beneath his own eyes. Should you attempt to bring up this fact at all , he'll simply counter by mentioning that this ' intervention ' is meant to be about you , not him. After all, while a lack of sleep has a terrible impact on your health, it also puts you at a heavy disadvantage during your own matches. He loves you, and he realizes that the steaks are oftentimes higher for survivors than they are for his fellow hunters—so why should you risk making a bad call, getting yourself hurt , or even losing the match when you could just..! Go. To. Bed!

꒰⚔️꒱・Attempting to use early matches as an excuse for your sleep deprivation would have him to writing to Miss Nightingale in an attempt to get her to move your matches to the afternoon. He, alongside some other hunters, have had the same arrangement made for them—he doesn't see why she couldn't make an exception for you, as well. As he continuously attempts to reiterate to you—the proper amount of sleep is crucial ꒰plus some extra, in your case, due to your sleep debt꒱— even while stuck in the manor. And assuming that Nightingale caves, you'll lose your excuse to leave his embrace so early in the morning.

꒰⚔️꒱・If he enters your bedroom after developing a day's worth of photos to find you still awake—he will lure you away from whatever it is that you're working on. Whether that be with the temptations of cuddles, kisses, or perhaps a massage to your scalp, Joseph has quite the knack of luring you away from your desk. However, if all else fails, he'll simply end up dragging your chair over to the bed and pulling you beneath the covers. You'd called his bluff when he'd first threatened you with the concept, and the completely deadpan expression on his face as he actually did it was a bit hilarious. Or, at least it was to you, in your exhausted state.

꒰⚔️꒱・Speaking of scalp massages, Joseph makes very good use of his long nails whenever he gives them. If you tie your hair tightly, or if you're prone to headaches and migraines, he'll often attempt to soothe the discomfort by pulling you onto his lap and weaving his fingers through your hair. He makes the same offer if he notices that you're having trouble falling asleep, the gesture being calming enough to allow the Sandman to whisk you away and to your dreams. He thinks you look absolutely adorable whenever you drift off like that, and he'll often take photos of you to keep with his room.

꒰⚔️꒱・His hair is incredibly soft, and he usually prefers to sleep with it down. Combined with his love of cuddling and sleeping as close to you as possible, there have been multiple instances where you've woken up during the night to find some of it in your face and mouth. He's quite appreciative if you ever offer to reciprocate his own massages, as getting hit on the head with palettes does tend to hurt him quite a bit. Sometimes , you'll tie your hair with his ribbon while giving one to him. He'll... also be needing a photo of that.

💮— adi moment ୧・i initially drafted this when i was about to pass out, and i figured that i might as well turn it into a post since i'd wanted to put something up

💮— adi moment ୧・i initially drafted this when i was about to pass out, and i figured that i might as well turn it into a post since i'd wanted to put something up. very happy about men with long nails! hope you enjoy, and feel free to leave a comment! ꒰*ˊᗜˋ꒱ ♡