Chapter Three: Is this Love

Poppy and Jake make it to the Seventh floor. "Okay Poppy close your eyes and keep holding my hand." She closes her eyes and she all of a sudden hears a rumbling and feels Jake pulling her in. "Jake can I open my eyes now?" "You can open your eyes now Poppy." She opens her eyes and gasps in awe with what she sees. "Is this the Room of Requirement?" "Yes it is, but requested for my needs. I used it a lot last year to catch up with you and the other fifth years. Now I want to use it for a place away from others and to have you with me." "Aww really? I'd be honored to be here." The two smile and look at each other.

  Poppy catches a glimpse of the Wood Vivarium. "Is that a Vivarium?" "It actually is and it's the reason why I wanted to show you this place besides having a place to study away from other students." They enter the Vivarium and she sees three Puffskeins, three Hippogriffs, three Mooncalfs, and three Jobberknolls. "HIGHWING, how are you my girl." She pets Highwing and notices a baby Hippogriff. "Aww you have a baby. Did you do this Jake?" "I did, after she was captured as you know and once I knew how to breed beasts I knew she would be a great mom also the dad is here too. He's the black feathered one you see." She notices him and bows and it bows back.

  "This is amazing Jake, thank you for showing me this." "Oh this isn't all of the beasts I've rescued. I have three more Vivariums to show you." "What you have more to show me? Please do Jake." She takes his hand and they both smile and he walks her to the rocky Vivarium. "Woah is that a Graphorn? How did you tame a Graphorn?" "It was hard and a challenge for sure. But he is known as Lord of the Shore." She looks at Jake and smiles. He looks back at her and holds her chin. Poppy gets a shiver down her spine and embraces Jakes warmth as he moves his hand from her chin to her hair as he puts a magical lily on her hair he summoned. "Shall we move on to the swamp Vivarium?" "We shall Jake." The two walk on to the swamp Vivarium and enter it. Poppy comes to see three Giant Purple Toads, and three Thestrals. "Thestrals! You rescued Thestrals. Jake you saved their lives." "I know and I'm proud I did. It gave those two a kid. Shall we move on to the last Vivarium the mountainous area." He boomed with pride. "Yes, yes we shall." The two walk into the Vivarium and Poppy meets the Phoenix, and three Diricawls. "You of all people were able to break a Phoenix to trust you and follow you?" "Yes I did Poppy, impressed are you?" The two continue to giggle and have a jolly good time.

  It becomes late at night meaning they have to get to their common rooms or they are in trouble. They make it to their common room by just a millisecond. As they laugh on what they just did and earlier they both look into their eyes and Jake puts his hand on Poppy's cheek. Poppy leans into his hand and holds onto it. "I definitely had a fun time Jake thank you. It's definitely what I've been needing." "No, problem. Just doing my part to help out." "Well goodnight Jake" Poppy kisses Jake on the cheek and heads to bed. Jake is flabbergasted on what just happened and starts to move on to bed. That night he realizes that she does indeed have feelings for him and should take his shot the next time they are alone in the Room of Requirement.