Chapter 24

"Oh my god!" Smarties shouted from downstairs. "What is taking you so long?" I heard him swear under his breath and I was pretty sure he meant for me to.

"I'm a girl douche bag, just wait a second!"

Impatient son of a bitch, I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that!" He shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I rolled my eyes and re applied some lip stick. Talking had rubbed some of it off.

"If you don't shut up then I will never be ready!" I argued.

"Seriously, how does Colton even put up with you? You act like such a whiny teenager."

I almost chuckled at his stupidity. I don't act like a whiny teenager, I am a whiny teenager.

I gave myself a once over.

Not too revealing white dress? Check.

Dark make up and pink lipstick? Check.

Black heels? Check.

Hair in a high bun? Check.

I smiled brightly and grabbed my purse, the essential for anyone who doesn't plan on getting too drunk, before heading down the stairs as slowly as I could just to get Smarties a little more angry.

"Are you fucking disabled? Why are you walking so slow?" He growled, already standing by the open front door. I could hear Stacey on the porch, likely on the phone to Trey who had left a few minutes after his phone call earlier.

I stood at the top of the stairs and crossed my arms over my chest.

"So what if I am? Do you have a problem with disabled people?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

He just gave me a blank look before heading outside.

"if you're not out here in 20 seconds, I'm leaving without you." He continued walking and when he couldn't hear me walking after him, he truned around with a big smirk on his face. "You know I'll do it." I groaned and basically sprinted down the stairs, deep down, knowing he really would leave me here.

When I got into the car, he frowned. "Why didn't I just say that before?" he questioned himself.

The backdoor opened and Stacey jumped in.

"Because you're stupid." She stated simply with a shrug, making me snort.

We'd been in the car for about two minutes, driving down a busy street, when Smarties decided to talk. Or accuse. Me.

"Okay, seriously Cora. Did you shower because I can smell you from here. Did you and Colton do the dirty just before he left? Seal the deal?" He asked me, drumming his fingers against the steering wheel with impatience or frustration.

I gasped and smacked him on the arm roughly.

"That is none of your business!"

"Okay, okay!" He shouted when I kept smacking him. I huffed.

"And no, we didn't 'seal the deal'!" I tried to mimick his stupidly low voice but I ended up sounding like a dying whale.

"One, two, three!" Someone from across the table shouted and all at once, we downed our shots. Remember when I said no drinking? Yeah well, that plan was out the window as soon as I took one step into the club.

"Colton's going to kill me." I slurred miserably, on the verge of tears. I shouldn't have come tonight. Apperently I can be an emotional drunk too. "I mean, what am I thinking?! The love," I made a heart shape with my hands before dramatically tearing it apart,"will be gone!"