Chapter - 5

𝐕

𝐕. 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝓧𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓻

It has been two days and Avery is still stuck in my head. Xavier thought to himself as he packed his bags for college. He had applied in the same one in which Avery was going to go. He had promised Gabriel that she'd be out of town in no time, that he had a plan but he didn't. He first thought of humiliation but he didn't know how he was going to manage to humiliate her enough to drive her out of the town. He just promised his brothers so because he didn’t want more bloodshed. 

So now I am going to college for the first time in hundred years.

 It was weird but exciting at the same time, he had always wondered how it was to lead a normal life. 

“I am going to Chesterfield.” Gabriel announced, peering inside the room with the door half open, snapping Xavier out of his thoughts. 

“Again?” Xavier frowned. “But you only go there once a month.” 

“They called me for the…planning work.” Gabriel spoke scratching the back of his neck. Gabriel worked in Chesterfield as an event manager. It was a town next to Rosendale, that is where their mother was from. He worked in the community, sponsoring the events. Their father had always been against it, but all of the brothers knew it was only because he missed their mother. 

"They've some inaugurations to do. I have to go." Gabriel told him, rubbing the back of his neck. He looked distressed. "Is something wrong?" Xavier asked, his eyes full of concern. Gabriel looked at with wide eyes. "No! No…nothing's wrong just…" He trailed off. "You can tell you know?" Xavier reached out for his hand. 

"You won't get it." Gabriel shook his head and sighed heavily, turning away as panicked footsteps approached them. 

"Cassius what is it?" Xavier asked as the blonde haired boy. Horror creeped up Xavier's body when he saw him all bloodied and injured. He isn't healing. 

"Orion Lancaster is here with his partners." Cassius spoke, trying to catch his breath. 

"He is asking for your father, master Julius." He added. 

Gabriel and Xavier exchanged shocked and worried looks. "Why?" Gabriel questioned. 

"I…I don't know." Cassius spoke falling on his knees with exhaustion. Xavier rushed up to the boy. "There's a blood bag in the basement." He told him, gesturing towards the basement. Cassius nodded between his heavy breathing before going back downstairs. 

"Let's go brother." Gabriel muttered rushing downstairs with Xavier following behind closely. 

They walked outside the mansion together to see Orion Lancaster standing outside the entrance gate there was a wooden stake in his hand and behind him stood the hunters of Trinity. Near him laid his grey skinned, fallen vampires. "I'll talk to him, call Kieran and Lucius." Xavier said, going to march up to them.