⁠♡ Under the moonlight

I'm strolling through Kaylo's mega-sized black gates, and let me tell you, this place is straight out of a witch's kingdom. It's huge, dark, and over-the-top. Definitely not giving off the vibes for a fun time. But here's the kicker. Kaylo's guards don't even bat an eye at me. No weapon check, no interrogation-nothing. Kinda weird, right? I mean, you'd think they'd have a whole arsenal ready to go before letting anyone near this Mansion. I Guess Kaylo must've given them the heads-up about me.

Men with guns are posted up all over the place, like some serious security squad. Talk about tight security!

But hey, who am I to complain? At least I made it past the gates in one piece. Now let's see what kind of trouble I can stir up inside this mansion.

(Seve's phone)

I shoot off a quick text to Kaylo, hitting him with a simple "I'm here, where you at?"

Standing there, taking in the scene, I notice a few of the guards shooting me these ice-cold stares. No biggie though, I handle it like a champ. I slap on a smile, masking the discomfort. A little tension won't get the best of me. I adjusted my mask and closed my umbrella as I approached the mansion. Two sets of grey stairs flanked the front entrance, winding upwards like a snake's body to connect with the balcony of the upper rooms.

Finally, Kaylo descends down the stairs, but he stops halfway and signals for me to follow.

A little welcome party wouldn't have hurt, you know?

I shrug it off and trail behind him, eventually making it to his room.

Well, let's just say it's not what I expected. I was ready for some epic, movie-style setup, you know? Expensive art, fancy carpets, and gadgets galore. But nope, just plain and simple. A bed, a table, some bookshelves. That's about it.

At least it's clean. Unlike my room, where it's usually a war zone before my mom goes all drill sergeant on me.

"What's up?" Kaylo asks, breaking into my thoughts as I size up his room.

"Oh, nothing," I reply, glancing back at him. "Nice digs, by the way. Keeping it simple, I see."

He shoots me a look, then checks out my school uniform.

"Why are you still in your school getup? Are we hitting the books or something?" He shakes his head, clearly not impressed.

I shook my head and said, "I'm here to save you, remember?" I emphasized my words, "Did you forget that?"

"In a school uniform?" He raised an eyebrow, clearly puzzled.

"Do you want me to come dressed as Superman with red underwear on the outside? Is that what you're looking for?" I argued.

Kaylo took a deep breath, clearly trying to compose himself.

"Fine," he let out the breath. "So, what's your plan? What are we gonna do?" he asked, adopting a more normal tone, which I appreciated.