Chapter 4: Meeting the Avengers

WARNING!

there may be some triggering words and there will be discussions of abuse and abuse.

Stay safe everyone, and enjoy the story! Summery at the bottom!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cynthia's P.O.V

I ran to the Orphanage, my mind racing as I thought through what had happened. Instead of going to the nurses off I had gone to the library and lost track of time.

I was way past my curfew. I was so gonna get it. I walked up to the door and slowly opened the door, letting out a creak

" Meadows! Is that you, you stupid girl!" Cried out a sloshed sounding Ms. Bullin.

" y-yes ma'am I stammered flinching a little as she yelled at me. She must have been with her friends because she usually didn't get drunk alone.

(WARNING: ABUSE WILL START!!! MAY BE TRIGGERING!!)

I walked into the dining room and suddenly two bottles of beer got thrown at me.

One on the shoulder where my cut was, and one on my stomach. I yelled in pain as I fell to the floor, feeling my wound on my shoulder from last time reopen.

I hear drunk laughing as I look up and see two other women sitting near Ms Bullin.

Mrs Meaners and Ms Badern were both as cruel as Ms Bullin. The three of them threw a few more bottles which luckily only grazed my arms and legs.

I tried not to yell as they began to stand up and kick, punch, and slap me.

Hot tears start to fall onto my cheek as I try to cover myself, my whole body shaking.

Finally, Mrs Meaners picks up a big shard of glass from the broken beer and stabs my right leg with it. I scream in pain. Loud.

Ms Bullin slaps my face which shuts me up. " Make yourself useful and start cleaning up this mess girl" she said as she sways up towards the stairs, and her friends leave the orphanage.

I thought to myself as more tears fell down my cheek. I could at any moment snap their necks. I could make them go crazy. Heck I could make them into mindless drones. But I didn't. If I did... the last time I did... let's just say I lost someone very close to me.

I lay there for a long time before finally managing to drag myself to the closet where I took out a broom. A managed to stand up and put my weight on my left foot.

I was bleeding out which was making my mess worse. I managed to take out the glass that had dug into my skin but I knew I had missed a few. It took me what felt like an hour or more to clean everything up and not stain the floors with more blood. My clothes were stained red with blood.

Suddenly I could hear footsteps and my heart dropped.

" are you done yet you stupid little girl?" Yelled Ms Bullin. I nod and the lady grabs me and half drags me through the hallway.

I gasp in pain the entire time as tears start to fall again.

She opens a door that was underneath the stairs and throws me in. I fall down the stairs causing me to yell in pain.

" This is your punishment for being late. You'll stay in the basement until school. Do you understand?" ". Y-yes ma'am" I say as I start to cry.

Ms Bullin slams the door and I lay there in the dark, on the cold stone floor, all bloody and injured.