Chapter Twenty Four - They Saved Me

Abby's POV

San Fransisco Day 3

Today is the day that Derek has to go into school. He has to get signed up and get all his books and everything. He asked me if I wanted to go with him, but I just think I'll be in the way. He'll get everything done quicker without me there. So that means today I get to stay in the apartment and go through his stack of movies.

Just as I've got the couch layered in blankets and the coffee table filled with food, there's a knock at the door. I slowly get up and open the door. Casey quickly barges in and slams the door.

"Sorry, I just needed to get away from Danielle."

"I thought she was your beloved sister," I smirk.

"You think going to school with her is hard. Try living with her."

"Why is she even here if you don't like her?" I ask as we head into the living room. Sitting down on the couch we continue to talk.

"Her dad sends her here for a week every summer. He thinks it helps her. I don't get from what, that's all he says. And she only comes cause she wants to get away from him, and I can't say no 'cause then he'll stop paying my tuition." I nod in understanding. We quickly start talking about our families and things that have gone wrong with them.

The door opens, just as Casey hugs me, telling me he's sorry about my mom.

"Abby?" I quickly turn around, not seeing Derek like I expected, but John. He had a really hurt look in his eyes, and his face was completely emotionless.

"Oh my goodness! John!" I run up to him and hug him. But even after a couple seconds he doesn't react. "What's wrong?" I ask, starting to get worried.

"I think I know," Casey speaks up. "He walked in as we were hugging. John, is it?" he asks. When John nods, he continues. "Well, John probably thinks something is happening with us. We were alone in an apartment and hugging. But, John, nothing is happening here. The only reason I'm here is because I'm sick of Danielle and I was only hugging her because she told me about her mom." I couldn't help it. I busted out laughing. Both of the boys got a really confused look on their face.

This, of course, is the time that Derek came home. He walks in with a smile on his face and once he takes in everything that's going on he walks right out the door. Casey runs after him, giving me an apologizing glance. This leaves me with a confused John.

"Do you honestly think that I would cheat on you?"

"Well you didn't see what I did! I came all the way here to find you hugging a guy I don't know. Yes I jumped to conclusions." I hugged him again.

"You don't ever need to worry about me cheating. Ever. You're more than I could ever hope for. I don't want anyone else. You're more than enough." He hugged me back, tight. Just as he started leaning in to kiss me, Derek and Casey came back.

"Get off of each other. I don't wanna see it!" Derek yells as he wants into the room with his hands over his eyes. We instantly back up from each other, as Casey busts out laughing. "Told you they'd be fine," Derek says to Casey.

"I just didn't want anything to happen because of me! If it did I probably would have hit someone or something." John laughs and the rest of us soon join in.

"Well, since John is here, We should go out," Derek practically yells.

"Well, if I come, then Danielle will want to come, and like I said, I can't say no to her so.. I'll just be going now! See ya'll tomorrow!" Casey, then, walks out the door without any of us getting a chance to say anything.