Chapter Twenty-One

~•~

Amabelle's POV

I stirred from my slumber, the white fluffy rug underneath me barely enough padding to make up for the fact that Dante and I were lying on the wooden floor next to the fireplace. My sore body protested in my movement, a groan forcing its way out of my mouth. Shifting in Dante's arms, the tenderness remained there to my disappointment. Frustrated, I rolled again, finding myself practically laying on top of Dante. My eyes widened and my cheeks burned, I prayed that I hadn't accidentally disturbed his sleep.

Breathing slowly, I watched his face for any sign that he was awake. Still, his eyes remained closed, peaceful. His slightly chapped lips parted evenly as he breathed deeply. I smirked, wondering if I had worn him out from our long passionate night. Though to be fair, I myself was a little tired. I had lost track of the times he spent me till I climaxed.

Last night had been unforgettable as he promised, which made it all the more difficult that I had to leave today.

I sighed, drawing circles on his chest. The thought of leaving made my insides twist in on themselves. I wanted to cling to Dante and never let go. In the short time I got to know him, or what felt like a short time, I had grown to love him. To love this place. Dante represented my new beginning, my new life. My life back home felt trivial, though I missed my family, it wasn't going to be the same.

I wasn't the same.

I had changed.

I was stronger, more self-assured in who I was, and what I wanted. I had learned to be unapologetic about who I was and what I wanted to do. In fact, I was more in touch with myself than I had ever been. I owed it to Dante, this kingdom, and the friends I had made here. As crazy as it may have been that I had started out a prisoner, I was now more a part of this pack than I ever had been at my old pack.

Dante abruptly groaned, his arm outstretching over my body to tug me closer to him. A smile pricked at the corners of my mouth until breaking across my face. Glancing up at my handsome king, our eyes locked. He offered a small smirk, a teasing twinkle in his expression. My stomach flipped in on itself, every second from last night playing through my head.

"Good morning, little wolf." He addressed me, his voice rough from sleep.

I beamed, sitting up slightly on him. Dante grinned back at me, a wicked delight shining in his devilish grey-blue eyes.

"How did you sleep?" I asked with a leer as I slid my hips over his waist so I was straddling him.

Dante took a deep inhale, curving his lips over his teeth. "You mean when I wasn't making you mine?"

I let out a small laugh, his hands trailing up the sides of my thighs. Fiery whispers followed his fingertips, a chill racing its way down my spine. His touch was undeniably addicting and I felt that even if I spent an eternity with him I wouldn't have gotten enough.

"Yes," I answered him, leaning closer, and tucking a curl behind my ear.

Dante gave me another smirk. "The few hours I got were plenty enough."

"Plenty enough for what?" I teased, planting a gentle kiss on his chest.

A shocked breath of air left my lips as I felt his hands grab my ass. My core was pounding, the incessant need for Dante invading me without my control. I bit my bottom lip, his eyes raking up and down my body.

"Plenty enough rest to finish what I started last night," he replied, his eyes darkened with hunger.

My mouth parted slightly, the traitorous trembling in my body giving away just how badly I wanted him to ravage me again. Heat traveled south, my body flooding in desire. Dante had opened doors to parts of myself I hadn't known existed until last night. Today, they came out to play without any difficulty.