Chapter Twenty-Eight

~•~
Amabelle's POV

"Oh quit fussing," Adonia hissed, making me huff.

Plopping back down into my chair, I attempted to sit still for her. My nerves were biting me like blood sucking mosquitoes, which was driving me half mad. In just a few short hours I was going to be married to the love of my life and for some reason I was a ball of anxiety. I was ecstatic to start my future with Dante, but the ceremony had me a neurological wreck.

I supposed most women felt this way on their wedding day, that it was normal to feel nauseous right before they walked down the isle. Or perhaps I was being too dramatic. I didn't think I had cold feet, I was just sick to my stomach about people watching me...

What if I tripped?

I snorted, rolling my eyes at myself. That would be grand, a Luna tripping onto her face as she walked down the isle to meet her husband. Part of me wondered if Dante was this nervous.

Or worse, if he, himself was having doubts.

Oh goddess.

Just as I was taking a deep breath to steady myself, my savior strolled through my room with a bottle of wine. Winking at me, Bonny-Lee poured us both a glass, earning a disapproving frown from Adonia.

"I figured you'd need a little bit of something to take the edge off," Bonny-Lee joked, handing me a glass.

I swiped it from her fingertips and tipped it back for a quick drink. Watching me down half of the glass, Bonny-Lee giggled. After another breath, the sweet liquid swirling in my stomach with a flash of heat, I gulped the rest.

"Another," I begged, my eyes wide with fear.

Bonny-Lee chirped a second laugh and poured another glass. "Okay, but I am not getting you drunk before you walk out there."

"Yes, please refrain from making my bride a lush," Adonia scowled, twisting a piece of my hair into her work.

Bonny-Lee rolled her eyes. "Oh please, Adonia. I know you think the liquid is damning, but in times like these, you need a little courage. You'll understand one of these days when you grow up."

Sighing, I fought the urge to slap both of them as they began to bicker like siblings. My head spun with both the wine and the arguing, making my stomach sink.

"Guys this is not helping," I whispered, watching my face in the mirror grow paler by the second.

The desperation in my tone silenced them, Adonia's eyes warming once again with their familiar tender glow. Relaxing a little, and melting into the wine, I sank my back against my chair.

"Don't worry," Adonia assured me, "You are going to look angelic once I'm finished, and when the time comes you are going to walk down the isle like the regal queen we know you are."

I closed my eyes, leaning into her words. She was right, I knew with a bit of Adonia's magic touch, I would look perfect, and after I began my walk down the isle, and I saw Dante, I would be fine. I would be more than fine, seeing Dante waiting for me with tears in his eyes, I would know there was no other place I'd rather be.

"Yeah, then tonight we're going to celebrate like you've never celebrated before. Dante has had the finest caterers around sent in for this, and he even hired an exquisite band to play for the whole night." Bonny-Lee chimed, her excitement too contagious not to make me smile.

How Dante had managed to do that with only having a week to plan the wedding was beyond me. It seemed with the curse lifted, the memory of Dante's infamous history returning, people remembered who he was. Somehow, some of his old connections were still intact, providing they kept their alliance. Regardless, Dante had been able to draw in hundreds of guests for the wedding, venders from all over the world for food, a baker who had an expensive, but talented reputation, an entire winery company, and a famous band for the music. He'd even hired a seamstress for my wedding dress, who had crafted the most flawless white gown I had ever seen.