Chapter 6

Months turned into years but this year i was finally 13,nearly 14, and I continued to learn and grow

Months turned into years but this year i was finally 13,nearly 14, and I continued to learn and grow. I wrote a diary about my experience in prison.Lily was released a few months before me, but we promised to keep in touch.

When I was finally released, I was scared. I had been in prison for so long that I didn't know how to live in the real world. But my mother was waiting for me, and she hugged me tightly.My siblings were there too,i didn't know what to do because i wasn't sure if they'd remember me still,even after the letter but they smiled at me, and I knew that everything was going to be okay.

My mother showed me that they got a letter saying that we had to attend Aunt Tamaya's funeral labelling the 'killer family' I sighed and agreed that it was right for us to do so.

I still had a long way to go.I had to make amends for what I had done. But I was ready. I was stronger than I had ever been, and I knew that I could face anything.

Looking back, I can't believe how far I've come. I still have nightmares about that terrible night, but I don't let them control me. I've learned that forgiveness is possible, even for the worst mistakes. And I've learned that life is worth living, no matter how hard it gets.

Rip Aunty Tamaya❤️‍🩹