chapter 16: True Defense

It was the day of war.

The marines had come with numbers, a Whooping 2,000 navy soldiers present , 6 other battleships along with the last three making it 9 docked and ready to fire , and another Admiral along with Vice Admiral Nina.

The woman stood with her hands folded as her men began to march forward , weapons in hand and ready to fight.
One her right was a giant Vice Admiral , baldheaded with a long brown beard.
And on her left was a rear admiral who wore a miner's helmet on his head.

" You sure all this is needed, Nina? Cus from what you've said , there shouldn't be any more soldiers left other than those pirates " the giant asked.

Nina didn't look at him.
" The army's a distraction , while they're fighting, rear admiral Douglas will be sneaking in to get the weapon and then we can leave " she stated.

Douglas did a thumbs up.
" Exactly , no point in us going all out when our objective isn't the fight "
The rear admiral added.

" Alright , as long as I get to fight this pirate I'm fine anyway " the giant said as he began marching with the rest of the Navy army.

Nina had this fight planned out. She would start by engaging what little force the K.D.F would offer , and then wait for them to bring out Orion who she knew would be present. Then she'd send rear admiral Douglass to drill around the battlefield and kill Zarya before taking the weapon and leaving. All in all , she was expecting Zarya to be absent from the battlefield.

But she was in for a suprise.

Standing once again on the battlefield , was the proud woman who held her weapon at the ready. Behind her were a hundred soldiers  who stood ready to die fighting.

The Navy army stopped , awaiting orders from Vice Admiral Nina.

She was about to signal for the attack , when the form of Orion came into view. Walking beside him was Zayn who held no weapon besides the katana sheathed at his back.

Orion continued to walk until he passed the K.D.F army , stopping Infront of them and next to Zarya who grinned at him.

" I say it again , pirate. You don't have to do this. I'm proud to die fighting for my country , my weapon , and my people " she stated.

Orion scoffed and spun his Naginata in his arms before slamming it on the battlefield , shaking the land that they stood on.
" Remind me the bounty that they put on my head , what was it? " He asked.

" 300 million , kinda impressive for someone who just surfaced " Zayn answered , cracking his neck.

The tall man cracked his knuckles before picking up his Naginata and walking forward.
" Time to increase it. Can't expect my fellow Timeless pirates to not catch up , so I might as well stay ahead " he exclaimed as he reached the middle of the battlefield.

Once there , Nina raised her hand , Signalling for the fight to begin.
Once again , all the cannon's were fired. Mortar's shot into the sky and rained down towards Orion.
In zarya's eyes , it was like meteors falling from the sky , and they were all aimed at the man who had saved her.

Zayn was about to interrupt , but stopped abruptly.

The Marines all watched with wide eyes waiting for what was to come next.

A collection of explosions let loose on top and around Orion. Lighting up the land and sending debris and smoke everywhere , having nearly the same magnitude as the attack from Orion the previous war.

Nina stared with cold blood red eyes at the smoke , a smirk threatening to surface on her lips.
The giant Admiral laughed loudly at what had just happened , pointing a finger at the smoke while clutching his robust belly.