I. Chapter 5: The Moment you would make me forget the World

"Are you sure Naruto?" Sasuke asked uneasily with concern in his voice, while he was dragged through the long, narrow path with a roof overhead, supported by pillars and arches.

"Yeah I'm sure! Kiba wanted to meet you anyway" The blonde said, holding the hand of the other gently in his own, but tight enough to lead him through the crowded way.

The sun was just rising, causing the dim lit that streamed through the arches to cast intricate shadows on the ground.

The black haired looked at the floor that was paved with cobblestones while walking behind Naruto. His mind was filled with confusion, the last nights events still in his head. But the blonde seemed like his normal self, as if nothing had happened. The walls they passed by, were made of old brick and the sound of footsteps echoed through the corridor, creating a rhythmic cadence.

"But you said it was just the two of you that wanted to meet, cause your lecture was canceled for this morning" he pointed out.

"Yeah and then you said that you also have nothing to do, so I'll bring you with me." The blonde explained shortly.

"But-" Sasuke started but was cut off by the other one.

"Don't worry Sasuke!" He began and Sasuke didn't saw his face but could hear him chuckle. "It's not as if it's the first time Kiba or me would bring some others when we wanted to meet while passing periods. So it's really not that big of a deal."

The black haired just continued to stare on the ground, still unsure about the whole situation.

He didn't even knew till this morning, that Naruto had a best friend. And the realisation of it made him feel some kind of strange, he didn't really could put into words. But of course he had one. Not everyone was like himself.

The blonde took a brief look at the other, who didn't seemed to notice it.
Naruto knew Sasuke would feel uneasy, but he wanted him to meet his best friend. And... he didn't want to leave him by himself, Naruto thought, causing him to squeeze the other boy's hand a bit tighter without realization.

The brunette already stand in the corner of the courtyard as he saw his friend approaching him. But just as he was about to raise his arm to wave, he saw a black haired head peeking out from behind his friend, wich left him in slight surprise. But the next second he already began to smile, waving the two boys over.

"Hey Kiba" Naruto said enthusiastically.

"Who do you brought with you?" He asked, causing the dark haired to flinch, wich caused Kiba a bit of confusion.

"Oh right, that's Sasuke" the blonde said, while Kibas gaze went to the hands of the the two boys, wich were still intertwined. The both of them seemed to need a second to realise as they abruptly let go of each other.
Kiba looked up, just to notice how Sasuke was hiding his face behind his hair, embarrassed.

He looked at Naruto, his lips forming a mischievous grin, wich only brought him an angry look of the blonde, but he could see how his friends cheeks were becoming slightly red, wich only caused his grin to grow more widely.

Their jackets were zipped up to the neck. The morning sun casted long shadows across the courtyard, illuminating the fallen leaves that crunch underfoot.

"You're in first semester, right Sasuke?" Kiba asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah" Sasuke said resigned and Kiba could already tell he wasn't that big of a speaker.

The air was crisp and the scent of autumn leaves was filling their nostrils.
Naruto shivered as they were standing there, rubbing his hands together to warm them up. In the distance, a bird chirped, the only sound breaking the stillness of the morning.