CHAPTER 10

LIZZIE

2008

A/N- I know Natasha went to SHIELD before this year but I didn't want Lizzie to age too much plus I wanted her to be free from her brainwashing close to when Steve wakes up!

"Liz, you ready?" Natasha asks me, I nod- this is my life now assassinations and ballet lessons. I can't remember anything before the Red Room, but deep down I feel something's off, but it doesn't matter, I'm just an assassin.

We're not allowed to build connections with anyone outside the Red Room, but inside we're all working for the same side so I guess they don't mind. Natasha and Yelena have been close friends for me over the past year after I woke up and these men did some experiments and I can't really remember-

I shake the thoughts from my head and finish putting on my black widow combat suit. "This mission is yours." Natasha says handing me a file, I take it and look at a picture of a man. I don't ask any questions, we kill and complete missions without question.

I prepare my weapon and head to his supposed location, I lay my chest down on a rooftop as I spot him through a window. I prepare my weapon and fire hitting him square in the head, I quickly jump up from my position when suddenly I feel someone's arms around my neck. "сука!" I shout, as I use my head to hit this mystery person square in the face. I spin around to face him while grabbing my knife, no witnesses. "Why did you kill him? That was my Dad...you bitch! WHY?! You can burn in hell!" The boy shouts at me, he's pale and has dark hair and looks to be in his late teens.

I don't let his words affect me as I bury my knife into his stomach, digging deep, I then grab my gun and shoot him in the head. I quickly hide his body and escape the roof making it back to the Red Room. I clean my weapons not feeling anything about the kills I just made. It's my job.

~

I lace up my ballet shoes as Natasha and Yelena sit next to me. "Do you ever wonder what is it like to love someone? Or what life is like for all the people we kill?" Natasha asks, Yelena and I look at her shocked we aren't supposed to feel attachment to anyone, nonetheless love. "No." Yelena replies flatly, "I-I don't know." I tell her honestly, feeling that deep longing in my chest again, something's wrong it whispers, but I ignore it.

Natasha shrugs "I killed someone's husband and I just thought about...never mind.." she says shutting the idea down before someone hears us as she finishes putting on her ballet outfit.

All day, every day, it's ballet, training, missions, killing, needles, injections, experiments...but this is it. This is what I'm supposed to do, I remind myself. I don't remember anything else.

~

"Natasha, you're my partner on this mission." I say as I walk into the training room to find her punching a punching bag, she nods.

We both sneak quickly into an apartment, as we hear footsteps walking around the room we're planning to enter. "Shit." Natasha whispers, I tighten the grip on my gun, "just be ready." I whisper to her as we slowly start to enter the room.

A man is standing there, he has short hair and is holding a bow with arrows and a quiver on his back. He's also wearing a combat outfit- he must be some kind of agent. "Drop your weapons." He suddenly speaks, "this doesn't have to be hard, I'm here for Natasha Romanoff." The man explains aiming his weapon at Natasha.

I suddenly kick him in the leg throwing him off balance, he catches himself before shooting an arrow that I quickly dodge. I grab my knife and I run towards the man trying to knock him down, he's a good fighter, I'll give him that. Natasha looks at him, "why are you here for me? Who are you?" She asks.