CHAPTER 15

Lizzie walks through the helicarrier, her steps slowing when she reaches him. 

"There's not many people that can sneak up on me."  Loki turns around his thin lips curling into a smile. 

Lizzie just raises an eyebrow, while Loki continues, "I can see right through that act you play, you're.... broken. More broken than anyone here."

"And you're not?" Lizzie replies in a low voice after a tense silence. 

Loki laughs, "I wanna know what broke a girl like you..."

"Wouldn't you like to know-"

"Seeing as we are the only two people in here.."

Lizzie cuts him off, "I lost someone..."

Loki raises a brow "Oh?"

"He...he was the love of my life...I couldn't save him...."

"So you call yourself a hero, yet you couldn't protect the one closest to you..."

Lizzie slams her fist against the glass of his cell, "I never said I was a hero...."

Loki just smiles, "ohhh...you are so desperate to prove yourself. But that hole can never be filled...you watch him die every night don't you..."

Lizzie just stares daggers at him, while Loki smiles, "I would kill him hundred times over if he was here just to break you a....hundred times."

Lizzie slams her fist harder on the glass when suddenly a voice is heard behind her.

"Move away...please..." Agent Coluson.

Loki looks at the grenade launcher in his hands, "you like this?" Loki just backs away further in his cell. We started working on the prototype after you sent the destroyer. Even I don't know what it does. Do you wanna find out?"

Suddenly another Loki appears behind Coulson...a trick...the whole thing was an illusion. Coulson gets implaed through the heart while Lizzie gasps, "no!!"

Loki begins to stab her....but suddenly something throws him off.. Thor. Lizzie can't hear their conversation as everything goes dark.

~

"Where is she?" Steve asks Fury.

"She's in the medical wing, in a coma. Loki almost killed her, but thankfully Thor showed up."

Before Fury can say anything else, Steve runs down the halls.

~

Lizzie opens her eyes, the room blurry.

"Liz...?" 

She tries to clear her vision... "Steve...?"

"Hey, hey it's okay....you're okay..."

Her body aches, "where...where am I? What happened?"

"You're in the medical facility...Loki...Loki..it doesn't matter you're okay now."

"How long have I been asleep...?"

Steve pauses, "Steve??"

"A few weeks..."

She covers her mouth, "oh my god...."

Steve places a hand on her shoulder, "it's okay..."

"What..what did I miss? Loki? Is Loki gone is everyone okay....?

"Thor, took him back to Asgard. There was an attack on the city, but everyone is okay. It's over..we stopped them."

Lizzie places her hands on her face as she cries.

"Liz, it's okay...it's gonna be okay...."

"I should have been there...."

Her hands find the familar dog tag around her neck...Steve notices and gives her a sympathetic look. 

"What about SHIELD?" She asks in a soft voice.

"I think we can trust them..."

"Does this mean?"

"Yeah...we're officially Avengers. I really think we can make a difference."