[36] pre-season

MARISOL's POV

yeah this whole pre-season thing made me realize it was time to get up and out of my slump and focus on everything but pedri.

but how am i supposed to do that when both teams are scheduled to train together?!

my friends loved the idea of seeing me every day and i'm not saying i don't... if it didn't involve seeing him either. funny thing about it is, i gave myself two days to get over it before we got back to training, now i'm here, and still not over it.

if i didn't look away in time, i would've gotten hit by salma.

"whoops."

she's okay, she got me out of being caught staring.

at least my dad was having the time of his life. i smile at that and go back to the leg workout they have me doing until every whistle is blown and we're all gathered to the middle. "quince minutos. mi equipo contra el de xavi, aver quien gana. (fifteen minutes. my team versus xavi's, let's see who wins)"

what happened in the next few minutes was something i still couldn't wrap my mind around.

xavi didn't go with his usual starting eleven.

he put iñigo instead of christensen, and gündogan instead of gavi who actually went in as a winger and my dad accompanying him on the right.

as for us, we were what jonatan usually went with, except he added me into the midfield and ona in irene's spot in the back.

we got out there and the whistle blew in a matter of seconds.

whatever's been going on with me, it doesn't matter because i'm finally playing.

ever since i was a kid, everything would be immediately resolved if i had the ball at my feet. this was no different after i was able to go past the defense and anyone behind me, earning us our first goal in two minutes. "no no, fuera de juego! (offside!)"

i start laughing as if there was even var to check.

"looked in to me, just saying." at least xavi has my back and he isn't even my coach.

but never mind that because the game immediately starts back up and i can hear him and jonatan yelling. "ATAQUE. PORQUE ESPERAS?! (ATTACK, WHY DO YOU WAIT?!)" suddenly... i don't wanna play anymore.

so much for a friendly.

as i'm running, i'm watching as pedri passes to my dad and i know this is never a good thing.

i had a light jog before, but something in me told me to book it so i can catch him in time before he even attempts something.

so i slid in his way and gained control back and i hadn't even gotten back up.

"MARISOL!" he yells.

"jesus." i heard someone behind me say before i picked up my pace and tried to find someone open. but unfortunately i felt myself getting cornered and i never liked that.