[56] goats

MARISOL's POV

"wait so you, ale, gavi, and ansu had already planned to take them to the petting zoo?" well... yeah. my parents were busy and i knew if i kept them here all day they'd just bug me so why do that when i can have a friend each to watch them while also having fun.

"pretty much. you're invited now if that wasn't obvious."

"can i at least get a heads up next time?"

"of course, amor. (love)" i tell him, scrunching my nose and picking on him before the doorbell rang. "okay stop and go answer!"

i know he's sick of me but why do that when i know gavi has a key.

i can hear him finally jiggling it from here and ciro is the first out his seat. "does he just know when it's gavi?" he's the only one who struggles to open it anyways. "I THOUGHT I TOLD YOUR DAD IT WAS TOO DIFFICULT FOR ME TO UNLOCK AND THAT HE SHOULD CHANGE IT!" is the first thing gavi yells as he and the other two come in.

they're coming next week because my dad actually gave into the request.

"gavi!" i hear ciro say before i motion for pedri to get up so we can meet them at the foyer.

"you guys are actually on time." theres a first for everything after all. "we're always on time." ansu corrects me.

"gavi came late to dinner a few days ago-"

"I TOLD YOU GUYS THERE WAS TRAFFIC."

we all laugh and the kids go find their shoes while i load the dishwasher and pedri greets the guys. he didn't get stuck in conversation, instead he came to help me and the guys helped my brothers.

"you all had dinner a few nights ago?" i hadn't realized how blank pedri's face had turned. "my mom told me to invite them, why?" and it stayed like that even when i replied. "no i was just surprised that's all."

except it clearly isn't cuz then he asks, "also since when does gavi have a key?"

"couldn't tell you honestly. i was just as confused when my dad gave it to him." he nods slowly and puts the boys cups in there and we set the timer before we also go find our shoes.

"you driving?" i ask because i'd honestly much rather prefer him to. "if you want me to."

good because i also love when he does.

i throw him the keys and i hear his soft laugh as he gets mateo and thiago. ciro was already with the others and i kinda already had an idea as to why. "can i go with them in the car, mari?!"

"maybe on the ride back, okay?" by then he'll be too tired to remember my promise.

he gladly doesn't put up a fight and i make sure i locked everything once more. "imagine you didn't lock a window and just so happen to get robbed." ale jokes as if i took it as one.

"shut up i literally have nightmares about that."

and he knows i do too.

pedri gets my little brothers out and i lock the door behind me. "will they have horses, mari?" thiago asks me and i tell him i assume because i don't wanna lie and have them getting upset at me later for lying.