Chapter 15: Past Crept Up On ...

Jongseong saw Haneul walking towards the hallway from the corner of his eyes. "You're ready, Haneul?" The moment he turned to her, he froze.

Haneul walked in her black glitter maxi dress. The sleeves were short and flowy. In her hand was a white purse. Her makeup and accessories were not too much, making her both look classy and elegant. Her long wavy hair fell on her shoulder. She stood before him and noticed his stare. It made her extra conscious of her appearance.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Do I look okay?" she curled the strand of her hair behind her ear.

Jongseong could feel his face burning up. 'She's freakin gorgeous!' He cleared his throat and looked away. "Yup okay don't worry"

"Wait" she spun him to face her again. She quickly fixed the tie of his black suit. He gulped at her sudden action.

"There. It's a bit untidy, it annoys me" she smiled innocently. "Tsk coming from someone who is always messy" he teased. "Yea I know some of your annoyingness is rubbing off on me. It annoy me too"

She took her heels and put them down to wear them. He suddenly knelt and helped her put it on.

"Thanks" she did not give it much thought. He stood again. She clung arm with him that surprised him. "Now let's pretend we're husband and wife"

Jongseong smiled and nodded. 'Yes... pretend'

They arrived at the hotel that held the dinner. The place was bright and full of light, filled with music and laughter even upon arriving at the lobby. Other attendees greeted the couple as they entered. Haneul spotted a few presses among the guests.

They were about to enter the grand hall when Jungwon came and greeted them. Haneul's face lit up seeing a familiar face.

"Hi, Haneul-ssi" Jungwon smiled. "Hi, Jungwon-ssi" she replied. "You're gorgeous tonight" "Thank you"

Jongseong cleared his throat. Jungwon seemed to only notice his presence there.

"I need to speak to you" Jungwon looked at Jongseong. Both of them saw Haneul.

"Haneul, wait for me here. We won't be long" Jongseong said and she nodded. "Don't worry about me"

Jongseong and Jungwon went a bit far from her.

"He's here" Jungwon said. "You mean?" Jongseong was confused. "Kim Sunoo"

"What?!" Jongseong was shocked. "Why-How the heck he is here?!"

"You're the one who approved that guest list in the first place!"

"...I did?!"

"Yes the day your wife came to visit, you just approve everything easily"

"Gosh" he face palmed himself. "Remind me to put everything I approved that day on hold"

"Now what?"

Jongseong exhaled a deep sigh. "I don't know. I don't think I can stop Haneul from meeting him. He's her favorite writer anyway"

"I think that's why you approve the list. Thinking of letting her meet her idol"

"But her idol is my enemy!" Jongseong snorted. "Why would Kim Sunoo be invited anyway?"

"You forgot about that upcoming e-book project? He's among the authors invited"

Jongseong sighed for the hundredth time.