chapter 39: marius's exploration

~marius~

       Today is the final full day of our trip in Spain, so Fawn and I want to make the most of it. Well, anything we do would be good enough since the whole part of this trip, apart from celebrating my and Fawn's marriage, is to spend time together as a family. We could simply spend the rest of the day in the hotel and that would be good enough.

       Of course, we're not going to stay in the hotel since we still have so much more we want to see. Besides, we haven't yet bought any souvenirs, and we definitely want to get some for us and for others.

       So today is going to be spent just walking around the towns, checking out all the shops before possibly spending some time at the beach if the twins are up to it. 

       As we walk through the town, I keep Harlow sitting on my shoulders to prevent her from attempting to run around the town. Being two, she isn't so fast that I won't be able to catch her, but I don't want her bumping into strangers or thinking that it's okay to run away.

       Harlow is more than happy to sit on my shoulders since it gives her a better view of the streets. She's constantly saying, "Whoa!" as she points out things that catches her interest.

       Fern is more content just being held by Fawn. She does like going on walks, but whenever it's busy, she prefers to be held by Fawn instead.

       One shop catches Fern's interest as it has some teddy bears in the shop window. Fern absolutely loves stuffed animals, so the four of us head into the shop to see what kind of souvenirs they have. 

       Fern squirms in Fawn's arms until he puts her down so she could freely roam around the store and check out the stuff. Harlow wants to do the same, but she decides to try to run around the store so I have to hold onto her to stop her. "Harlow, no running around and no touching anything. If you want something, you have to ask, okay?"

       "Otay," Harlow says. I put her down again and keep a close eye on her to see if she understood what I just told her or not. Considering she hasn't started running around again, I'd say she did understand.

       Fern soon spots a stuffed cow, pointing to it as she says, "Moo! Moo!" 

       "You want it?" Fawn asks. Fern nods, so Fawn picks it up off of the shelf and hands it to our daughter. Fern immediately hugs it, looking extremely happy.

       "Maybe we should get a cow back home," Fawn says.

       I furrow my eyebrows. "Why would we get a cow?"

       "Why would we get any animal?" Fawn asks in return, subtly pointing out the fact that we have quite a few pets without really a need to have them, as you could say. It wouldn't be surprising if I come home one day to find a cow in our backyard. I've gotten used to coming home to a new pet. I never mind. Fawn knows how to take care of them and that's all that matters.

       Harlow also spots a stuffed animal she wants; a dinosaur. I grab that for her off the shelf and let her hold it until we can pay for it. This store seems to have quite a few souvenirs, so we buy some stuff for our friends and family as well.

       It takes some time to pay for everything, only because Fern refuses to put her new stuffed cow on the counter to pay for. Fawn carefully talks to her and tells her that she's not giving it away; we just have to pay for it. As soon as Fern lets Fawn take it, Fawn places it on the counter. The person working behind the counter even lets Fern hold the stuffed cow again after she's done scanning it. Fern hugs it the moment she gets it back.

       After we pay for everything, we continue to check out the stores before finding a place to eat dinner. We ended up walking around longer than we expected, but Fawn and I don't care. The town is a beautiful place to just walk around.

       Harlow seems to enjoy the food she has gotten. Fern too since she's eating everything on her plate, but Harlow is saying, "Mmm!" after every bite. She loves trying new foods so it's no surprise that she has been enjoying everything she has tried here in Spain.

       We get some dessert as well, which the twins also enjoy. We then decide it's time to head back to the hotel to drop everything we bought off. Since it's our last day here, we do want to go to the beach one final time, even though all we will be doing is walking on the sand.

        I thought Harlow would have wanted to play in the ocean like always, but she seems a bit tired and just wants me to carry her. I guess walking around the town for a few hours completely tired her out.

       "I'm going to miss being on vacation," Fawn says. "But at the same time, I miss Port Orthos. I think the longest I've been away from it after I moved there was when we went on the safari. So basically, whenever we go on vacation."

       "Well, it is a very homely town, after all," I say. "I don't think anyone who moves there ever wants to leave. I mean, look at me. My car broke down in Port Orthos and I decided that it was the perfect place to move to after I quit my parents' company. I didn't know if it was going to be a long time stay, but the longer I lived there, the more I felt like it was my home."

       Fawn smiles at me. "I'm glad you decided to move there."

       I smile back at him. "Me too."

____________________

it takes me months, sometimes over a year, to update some books. it takes me one week, just seven days, to update this and my thoughts we just "i miss marius and fawn" lol. marius and fawn have definitely become my second favourite couple i've created <3 i love them so much.

and i can't wait for them to get the third book hehehe. i've got a lot of ideas for it.