1 - serenade

———————————————————
*・゜゚・*:. welcome! .:*・゜゚・*
if you are here from my other books, i am here to fulfill your requests for more mui fics! if you're new here, feel free to check out my other books! :)
———————————————————

"are you sure this is the right house?" the long haired boy asked zenitsu, who was standing in front of the said house with a speaker and microphone beside him.

it was around 3 in the morning, and zenitsu had dragged his friend out in the middle of the night so that he could sing to a girl he had a crush on. zenitsu pressed play on the speaker, allowing the instrumental to his 'romantic' song play.

"nezuko, this is for you!" he stated before getting the microphone ready. he was just about to start singing when he heard the sound of a door opening, looking to the side to see tanjiro exit the house beside the one he was standing in front of.

"tanjiro? what are you doing here?"

"i'm on my way to go get the bread ready at the kamado bakery. why are you and tokito standing outside of y/n's house?"

"i came to sing nezuko a song-"

zenitsu froze after comprehending tanjiro's question, "y-y/n you s-say?" zenitsu had talked to you before. well, more like you had approached him and scared him away whenever he tried to get close to nezuko, so hearing your name caused him to grow regretful for accidentally disturbing you in your house instead of succeeding in serenading nezuko.

immediately, he sped down the block, runningas far away from your house as possible. hearing the commotion outside, your sleep disrupted by the loud noises, you opened your window. you looked down to see a long haired boy holding a speaker and a microphone.

"hey, you!" the boy looked up and met your eyes. immediately, he froze up in his spot, surprise causing his eyes to grow wide and his feet to stay stuck to the ground.

maybe it was because you just woke up, but your eyes looked like they were burning daggers into him. "how about you quiet down the music, okay?" your voice was a bit quieter than usual, considering you just woke up, but to him it sounded raspy and terrifying.

the poor boy was still frozen scared in his spot, unable to turn off the speaker like you had asked. you began to grow frustrated, raising your voice when you saw that he ignored you, "shut your goofy music off right now. if not, then how about i get down there and-"

"good morning y/n! sorry about that, tokito here thought your house was nezuko's...looks like he didn't know how to turn the speaker off hahaha-" tanjiro immediately turned the speaker off before dragging the long haired boy with him to the kamado bakery. you sighed as you watched the two figures disappear, closing your window and falling back on your bed.

——♪♪——

"nezuko!! you're okay, right? no creepy guys woke you up last night, right?" you ran to your best friend as you both started walking to school together. the girl looked at you confused, "did something happen last night while i was asleep?"

you sighed, recalling the events that happened last night, or rather, earlier in the morning. "some guy was playing super loud music outside my house and tanjiro later told me that he meant to stand outside of your bedroom window instead of mine. what the heck was the music for anyways?"

"ah. so he did try to serenade me..." you questioned nezuko's response, "who? what?"

"y'know, serenade. like in those cheesy romance movies. zenitsu was telling me about it..." nezuko sighed after being reminded of zenitsu's idea. "but zenitsu wasn't the one i saw last night... i guess he must've told his friends about it."

after walking and chatting, the two of you finally reached your homeroom class. as you two stood in the hallway outside the classroom, you spotted a familiar figure. it was the boy with long hair that you had seen last night. you rapidly tapped nezuko's shoulder to get her attention, "hey, who's that boy over there?"

nezuko looked in the direction you were looking. she caught a glimpse of the boy before he turned into the classroom. "the long haired boy? that's tokito, but he prefers to be called muichiro since his broth-"

"he's in our homeroom? huh. i never noticed.." you followed the boy into the classroom, sitting in your assigned seat while still keeping an eye on him since he sat in front of you. he sensed your stares from behind, growing a bit uncomfortable with the way you were practically staring daggers into the back of his head.

he turned around to face you, "can you-"

"okay, now let's get started everyone!" gyomei sensei, your homeroom teacher walked in as the bell rang, signaling the start of class.

throughout the classes in the first half of the day, you continued to glare at muichiro. for the most part, he was able to ignore your stares, given that he was used to being stared at anyways. when class was dismissed for lunch, you and nezuko stopped over to the cafeteria.

placing your things down at the table with you and nezuko's other friends, you excused yourself briefly to look for the long haired boy.

you found him in the hallway outside of the cafeteria. he seemed to be heading towards a classroom after picking up a side dish of simmered radish. "hey you!" you called out to him.

"you think you can just 'serenade' my friend like that?" you used air quotations as you spoke, continuing to glare at him like you have been the entire day.

the boy stared back at you in question, raising an eyebrow and placing his hand on his chin as if he were pondering how to respond to your remarks. his eyes stared at the ceiling for a bit before rolling down to meet yours.

"are you a fan?"

———————————————————