13 - ate

snapping out of your trance, you met eyes with the eyes in front of you. he also had a finger to his lips upon hearing the word you had mumbled out loud. "soft?"

your eyes widened, realizing who you bumped into. "muichiro! ah well you see... uh... my lips! my lips are soft, i was talking about my lips!"

the boy raised an eyebrow at you, "i beg to differ. although they were soft, the lip balm on your lips made them feel quite wet and somewhat oil-"

"maybe your lips are just dry," you cut him off before he could finish his comment. the boy maintained his regular expression, taking a long pause before you saw his eyes flicker down to your lips then back up to meet your eyes. "then, may i borrow some lip balm from you?"

you looked into his eyes in shock, your lips slowly parting, "i- uh..." you looked around hou avoiding his gaze. your eyes caught sight of zenitsu. you ran up to him, catching him off guard.

he flinched as you put your arm around his shoulder, "zenitsu! let's hang out!" you flashed him a smile, but your eyes looked as scary as ever to him. he feared that you were going to scold him for hitting on nezuko again. "o-oh he-hello y/n!" he forced a smile and tried his best to hide his fear of the look in your eyes.

just as you were about to lead him away, tanjiro walked up to the three of you, "there you guys are! we're all walking around together, come look at the other events with us!" with that, zenitsu ran to tanjiro's side, clinging to him in fear while tanjiro dragged you and muichiro with him to the rest of the group. you all walked around together, enjoying the food and playing all the games that every class had set up, all the while avoiding muichiro as much as you possibly could. you caught him glancing at you a few times, but you played it off and continued to stay near the girls instead.

"are there any couples out there! come join our couples eating contest!" upon hearing a student shout to join their class event, zenitsu took nezuko's hand and lead her to the contest. inosuke's eyes sparkled at hearing the word "eating." he looked at aoi with a pleading look, as if asking for permission. aoi sighed, gesturing to the rest of you guys, "how about we all participate? we can pair up and compete against each other."

tanjiro smiled, "that's a great idea! let's try it kanao!" you watched as the two pairs walked towards nezuko and zenitsu. "w-wait guys..."

it was just you and muichiro left. he looked into your eyes, crossing his arms and tilting his head. you knew he was expecting you to join the others with him. you sighed in defeat, deciding to put up with it to join the rest of your friends. not sparing him a glance, you caught up quickly to everyone else, muichiro quietly following around.

"heres how it will go! one partner will not be allowed to use their hands and the other partner has to feed them! the first pair to finish is the winner!"

you and muichiro sat next to each other, your jaws dropping upon hearing the rules of the game. before you guys could say anything, the game host continued, "3... 2... 1... start eating!" muichiro fumbled with the utensils as the hosts placed a bowl of noodles in front of each pair.

"i'll eat," muichiro stated, still holding the utensils. you took the utensils out of his hand, pulling his wrists down and placing them behind his back, "then i have to feed you, dingus."

you picked up some noodles carefully before lifting them to his mouth. he leaned down, taking the noodles into his mouth. you stared at his lips as he did so, flushing and looking away in embarrassment. because you weren't looking, you didn't notice your hand drifting away from his mouth, causing the boy to have to lean his head further down to catch the noodles.

by the time your gaze shifted back to muichiro, he had a mess of the noodle sauce all over his face; his lips were greasy and his neck was craned down to meet your hand. you paused, placing your hand with the utensil and noodles down and laughing out loud at the sight. "i- HAHA- im so sorry muichiro!" you tried to catch your breath as you reached for a napkin on the table.

gently, you placed your hand on his cheek as you pulled him closer to wipe his cheeks and mouth. for a moment, you forgot it was a contest. muichiro stared at you clueless as you laughed, but his expression slowly turned into one of embarrassment as you wiped his face.

muichiro looked away as you playfully helped him clean himself up. you could've sworn you saw a ghost of a smile on hos face, but the moment the two of you were having was cut short when the host blew a whistle. "and the winners are inosuke and aoi!" everyone looked in their direction to see aoi letting out a sigh and inosuke boasting about how he was able to finish the bowl of noodles before everyone. "he left no crumbs..." you heard nezuko mumble from the other side of you. "THATS RIGHT! NO ONE CAN COMPARE TO ME, I'M THE BEST!"

the rest of your friends got up and stretched before making their way over to inosuke and aoi to congratulate them for their win. aoi just smiled, thanking everyone while trying to calm down inosuke and his loud bragging. "y/n," muichiro called over to you before you could walk away. "you should try some."

he picked up some noodles before holding up his chopsticks up to your mouth, expecting you to take a bite, "here, have a bite."