14 - twin

he picked up some noodles before holding up his chopsticks up to your mouth, expecting you to take a bite, "here, have a bite."

you stared at him in shock. apparently, everyone was now staring at the two of you. not wanting to make a scene (and have some fan girls attack you), you gave in and leaned forward to take a bite. as you leaned forward, muichiro pulled his hand away, causing you to lean your head towards his hand. he smiled teasingly as you looked up and scowled at him, "muichiro i swear-"

"hey are you two coming?" you both looked towards the doorway to see your friends call to you guys. "we're comin-"

as your lips parted, muichiro stuffed the food and his chopsticks into your mouth. your eyes widened, heat rushing to your face in embarrassment as you heard a few giggles from the people around you. muichiro smirked at you, "now we're even," he said before walking towards the door, you following angrily behind him.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

you stared at the ceiling, lying in bed comfortably. you had just gotten home after participating in the halloween festivities with your friends. you had a lot on your mind, muichiro living in your brain rent free. sighing heavily, you got up and made your way ti the convenience store down the road yet again.

for some reason, part of you was hoping that muichiro would show up there again like last time. as you made your way down the street, you passed by the small tv playing in the window of the store. you payed no mind to it, that is, until a familiar face showed up on screen.

it was a shogi match, and you saw the one and only, muichiro tokito, sitting at the table playing against some professional shogi player. the headline at the bottom of the screen read 'tokito brothers earn yet another victory.'

you took a moment to stare at him in the tv screen again, "no wonder he has so many fans... he's practically a celebrity..."

you sighed, turning back around and walking back home after realizing that muichiro would not be at the convenience store, since he was busy playing a shogi match.

the next morning, nezuko and tanjiro asked you to walk to school with them (after tanjiro finished his prep-work in the bakery, of course).

"so... muichiro feeding you..." nezuko brought up as you all walked side by side. you grumbled at her words, the embarrassment coming back to haunt you, "the next time i see him i swear i'll get my pay back..." as if on que, you saw the long haired boy standing at the entrance of the school. your eyes widened, running towards the figure in fury, "MUICHIRO!! GET OVER HERE!!"

he froze in place, slowly turning around after recognizing the voice.

flashback
"how about you quiet down the music, okay?" your voice was a bit quieter than usual, considering you just woke up, but to him it sounded raspy and terrifying.
end

"you think you're SO funny? just so you know, i don't accept that kind of behav-"

"y/n..."

you turned around upon hearing someone calling your name. you were met with the same face, the same long hair with dyed ends, the same boy that was just in front of you. you looked back and forth to the boy in front of you and the boy behind you. the boy in front of you was still frozen in place and the boy behind you was now moving to stand in front of you with his arms crossed.

"why are you scolding my brother?"

you examined the two of them. they looked exactly alike, except the one frozen in place had his hair styled in a different way. when you didn't answer, muichiro continued to confront you, "he tends to freeze up in intense situations, but he's usually much more cool and wise. what did you do to him?"

your mouth slightly parted, realizing something upon seeing their difference in behavior.

flashback
"how about you quiet down the music, okay?" your voice was a bit quieter than usual, considering you just woke up, but to him it sounded raspy and terrifying. the poor boy was still frozen scared in his spot, unable to turn off the speaker like you had asked. you began to grow frustrated, raising your voice when you saw that he ignored you, "shut your goofy music off right now. if not, then how about i get down there and-"
end

"you... that was YOU outside my house?!?"

your eyes widened; this whole time you thought that the boy who disturbed your sleep that night with zenitsu was muichiro. you didn't even consider that he had a twin brother.

"yuichiro! muichiro! good morning!" tanjiro and nezuko caught up with you, and tanjiro greeted the twins. yuichiro unfroze in his spot, seemingly more comfortable now that his friend had showed up. yuichiro moved towards tanjiro, leading him away as the two of them conversed together.

you noticed how much more comfortable and friendly yuichiro looked with tanjiro. 'did i scare him that badly...?'

now you were left with just nezuko and muichiro. muichiro was still waiting for your response, standing there staring at you blankly.

"i- uh... let's go nezuko!" you pulled her away with you and the both of you sped walk towards the school building, leaving muichiro on his own.

you were still comprehending the new information you just learned, in shock that the reason why you were resentful towards muichiro wasn't even a reason at all.

muichiro, being left behind, stared at you with his head tilted as you walked away quickly. 'yuichiro went to her house?' the boy wondered about what you were talking about.

then, it started to add up. 'yuichiro went to her house... and he got nervous and froze up around her... he must like her.'

with the thoughts that he pieced together, he couldn't help but feel his heart drop slightly. 'then why am i disappointed...?'

a/n
did any of you notice?? it was yuichiro in the first chapter!

i thought that it would be fun to depict this difference in personality for them! i haven't included this side of yuichiro in any of my past fics!