Chapter 14

Lisa

"Lisa."

The way she said my name last night behind her door had driven me wild with lust. I'd already been jerking my cock for relief under the blanket so when I heard the moan, it sent me over the edge. We'd been so close to fucking, but then something spooked her.

"New client I want to talk about later, once my assistant gathers some more information when she gets here," Bull grunts from my doorway.

I wave him in. "Close the door."

His brows furrow together as he shuts the door and stalks over to the chair in front of my desk. Jennie isn't due for another half hour. I left her house early this morning upon her demand. She was back to her fierce self and promised she'd shoot anything that came through her door.

The only reason I left her was because it wasn't Kai who had been in her house. It was me. I'd been rifling through one of her other closets when I heard her voice. She didn't rouse when I slipped into her apartment. She didn't wake when I undressed her. And she didn't wake when I rubbed her pussy while I jerked off. Again. It was like the night before. Until it wasn't.

I'd almost been caught.

"What is it?" Bull asks.

"She almost caught me."

His features darken. "Under her bed?"

"I was looking through her front room closet. She thought it was Kai, her ex. Apparently, he was quite a psycho," I growl.

Bull laughs. "She really knows how to pick 'em."

I flip him off. "Fuck you. I've already called the locksmith to change her locks out, but, man, she was terrified. I want you to call Dusty and have him see what he can drum up on Kai Kim. Everything, no matter how big or small. I want to find this fuck."

All humor is wiped from Bull's face. We only call our ex-military buddy, Dusty, for emergencies when we need info on a big client. This is a fucking emergency.

"You're taking shit far," he says with a groan and tugs at the knot on his tie.

"I know. I want her. I want all of her. We have a connection. Both conscious and subconscious. Her body responds to mine. We belong together," I clip out.

His eyes regard me almost sadly for a moment before he shakes away the look. "Fine. I'll check it out. Be careful."

I nod and then let out a heavy breath. "I also want you to shake down every sick fuck who has put his hands on Jennie and bring them to me."

His eyes widen. "Like her entire life?"

I growl. "Here."

He clenches his jaw and nods. "I have a couple of names right off the top of my head. I'll get you a list starting with our VP, Brent Adams."

"I want him gone. And the fact that there is a 'list' has me wanting to go fucking postal," I seethe, my hands fisting tight. Who the fuck is Brent Adams, anyway?

"I've mentioned it to you before but—"

I glare at him. "What?"

"Do you remember when I fired, Jack Langston?"

The name rings absolutely no bells.

"He only worked here for three years," he tries.

I shrug. "Don't know him."

"Well, I saw him slap Letty's ass once in the break room, so I canned him. To save her from embarrassment, I told the employees he got a job elsewhere."