Chapter 10: Confrontation in the Silence POV Delanore

"Love is chemical. When you fell in love with the right person, your brain producers happy chemicals and happy thoughts. Yet, when you fell in love with the wrong person, the love you feel becomes poisonous." -Unknown

It was silent when Lucas left, I was only left alone in my room with my screaming thoughts. 'Why would you do such a thing?! What would happen if Lucas didn't come and help, would you have gotten touched in ways you didn't want !' Those were the words that kept tormenting me. I sat up on my bed my eyes welling up with tears. "Lucas come back... please come back," I said under my breath, my voice breaking.

I pushed my back to the bed frame and lifted my head a bit, my breathing became faster, my heart started to beat faster my chest started to close, and I started gasping for air feeling like the air inside my lungs was giving up, my hands gripped onto the bed sheets as I closed my eyes trying to calm down. I felt as if the room was spinning and I felt as if I was going to die. "No, no, no please." I tried to calm down but it was not working.

'How could you? You should have listened. Why are you a people pleaser?! You almost got sexually assaulted. Would Devin do that to you, yes...he doesn't love you. You are only a toy to him!' My thoughts played over and over again. "Lucas! Lucas!" I tried to yell, but my voice was strained, something was holding my breath back, and something was stopping me from yelling. I opened my eyes again frantically scanning my bed for my phone.

I was panting, gasping. "Where is it, where is it!?" I relaxed a bit as I found my phone but I started to feel a bit dizzy, all of my gasping and panting was making the oxygen not flow well to my mind. My brain was about to shut my body down completely if I didn't calm myself down. "You can do this, just hold it all in. All you have to do is talk. Talk, talk, talk... Hey Siri, call Lucas." I was practically close to losing it.

The phone started to ring. I held my breath not wanting Lucas to know what I was going through right now. "Hello, Dela. Everything alright?" He asked, and as soon as I heard his voice my body calmed down. My fears seemed to vanish. "Y- yeah. Uhm, how long Lucas, where are you?" I asked now taking deep breaths. "I am almost to your car, I say just about 1 block away. You sure you're alright your voice seems off." I could hear his tone he was worried, he cared about me and he was worried. "Yes, I'm sure. I'm just bored and it's way too quiet here... like way too quiet that my mind is making a lot of noise, can you pick up the pace Lucas?"

I asked my index finger now peeling skin off my thumb. I heard his breathing starting to pick up and I heard him panting a bit as he talked to me. "OK, I'm running now to get to your car. I'll be at your home in 5 minutes, can you wait for 5 minutes or must I sprint." I smiled softly at his teasing manner. "Sprint Lucas," I said slightly giggling, I could hear his footsteps picking up the pace. "Alright, I'm sprinting. I'll see you in 3." He said now slightly gasping for air, hearing I could not help myself, my mind flowing with thoughts but I shook them off as I blushed a bit and said. "OK, see you in 3." I then hung up and leaned back on my bed, closing my eyes. "Finally at peace."

"Delanore?" I heard Devin's voice and my window opened. My eyes were shut closed as I told myself in my mind. 'It's all fake.' I then felt a tight grasp on my arms as I quickly opened my eyes. It was real! Devin was in front of me, his button-down shirt a bit opened, he smiled and brought me into a hug, I could smell the scent of alcohol on him and... girl's perfume?! "D-Devin?!" I said surprised and terrified. I pulled back and pushed him away as I examined his face and body. "What do you want? How are you here?!" I said a bit loudly but then his lips met mine keeping me quiet. He mumbled against my lips "You have to keep it down, your parents will hear you." I then felt his hand reach for my back making me lay on my bed from my sitting position, I felt his body climb on top my me.

"Devin, no. What do you want?" I spoke out to him my voice shaking with fear of what might he do to me. His lips then went from my lips to my neck as he placed sick intoxicating kisses. "Oh please, can't me... your boyfriend make sure you are alright after your friend took you home in such a vulnerable situation. What would you do if he took advantage of you?" He said now his lips brushing my neck and collarbone. "Lucas would never do that. He's not that type." I said as my back arched a bit, my body knew his touch, my body wanted his touch, but my mind always warned me again that his touch would not be respectful like Lucas's. "Oh please, baby. He's a boy... and as a boy he has desires. Strong ones. I know this because well... I am a boy, I know what goes on in his head when he sees you like this. All guys like to see a girl in such a position, unable to fight back." He said his hands still on my back caressing it as his let kept teasing my skin.

"No- no! Lucas is different. He respects me. Unlike... unlike you!" The words spilled out of my lips, shoot I'm in danger. "What.Did.You.Say?!" Devin spoke forcefully as he brought his lips to my ear. His hands now finding my wrists. "Don't you dare say that to me? I am your boyfriend. I can touch you, you are mine. You made that clear tonight at the party following the moves of my lips and squirming on my lap." I was now again close to tears unable to speak. "N-no I didn't. I, don't want this Devin." But Devin didn't listen. He kept a tight grip on my wrist, he was about to say something else until I heard Lucas's voice again, his tone was no more sweet it was now... forceful filled with hatred and anger. "Get off her." Devin's face quickly turned and he let go of me and got off my bed.

"Why are you here?" Devin growled as he crossed his arms his legs separated from each other. Lucas's voice sliced through the tense atmosphere like a sharpened blade, laced with anger and authority. The room seemed to shudder in response to the sudden shift in dynamics. Devin, now standing before my bed, took a defensive posture, his arms crossed over his chest, his stance defiant. Shadows danced across his face, emphasizing the intensity of the moment.

I, still trembling from the encounter with Devin, watched in both relief and fear as Lucas advanced into the room. His footsteps were deliberate, echoing with a determined purpose. His eyes, once filled with concern, had transformed into steel orbs of resolve, reflecting a deep-seated anger I had never witnessed before. Devin's defiant growl hung in the air, a challenge to Lucas's presence. The room seemed to hold its breath, caught between the two opposing forces, one protective and the other menacing. My heart raced, the echoes of Devin's unwanted advances still fresh in my memory.

Lucas's response was chillingly calm as he stood his ground. "I'm here because she asked me to be. Now, leave, Devin." His voice left no room for negotiation, a stark contrast to the earlier warmth and concern. Tension radiated between the two, making the air heavy with anticipation. Devin's jaw clenched, his eyes darting between Lucas and me. For a moment, it seemed he might defy Lucas's command, but the gravity of the situation hung heavily in the room. "Ugh, whatever. I had my time with her. But I'll deal with you later, Lucas." With a final, resentful glare, Devin retreated, retreating through the window like a phantom.

Lucas turned his glance back to me his stare softening, he walked over to my bed kneeling near me reaching for my hands as I was shaking, my eyes filled with tears. "Dela, I am so sorry. It's my fault I took too long." His voice cracked a bit as I saw his eyes tearing up. "No, no. It's not your fault Lucas. Please don't cry." I said now my emotions of fear leaving my body as I sat up to wrap my arms around his neck. I then felt Lucas's hands wrap around me too as he buried his face in my neck. "Oh God, why am I crying I'm not supposed to. Nothing happened to me." He said now chuckling his breath tickled my neck. He pulled back and naturally, my hands went to his face wiping the tears off his face. I could feel his stare on my face burn me with such a lovely sensation.

Lucas's hands then slid down to my hips as he asked. "Are you okay? What happened when he came here? Did he touch you?" He asked his breath picking up as he looked up at me. I finally snapped back to reality after wiping the tears from his face, I looked down at him now actually paying attention to how he looked and acted. I felt my heart fluttering as he looked up at me. His hands had a nice firm grip on my hips, and his eyes glowed looking up at me. Enticed by his looks I shook my head as I spoke quietly. "No, nothing happened." He then stood up making me now lift my head to see him better. He let go of my hips and gently pushed me back to my bed. "I think you can sleep now, you don't seem that drunk anymore."

He giggled as he teased me. He put his hand underneath me as his index finger tapped me on my back, and my body naturally reacted by lifting my hips, Lucas seeing this he raised an eyebrow but then he slid down my bedsheets and took his hand out from under me, my body now again placing itself on the bed as we wrapped me up with the blanket. "Good Night, Dela." He said as he was going to get out. "Wait..." I said as I reached for him, my hand grabbing his pants. "Stay... I'll feel more comfortable if you do." As I spoke to him and said those words I saw something that I do not know what it is yet flash in his eyes, but it was not lustful it was like love. But the only love I know is Devin's. He then fixed his standing position and slid down the wall near my bed as he took my hand out from holding his pants and intertwined his fingers with mine. He nodded and with his other hand he reached for my face and his fingers traced down my face making my eyes closed. Then I fell asleep.