Chapter 8. The Assassin

SOME BLOODSHED IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Hazel
I was walking with Nico, laughing and talking about things at home.

We went outside because Bianca said she'd meet us there with some food. The Ball was happening tomorrow and none of us were prepared.

When Nico and I made it outside we saw the picnic... but it had a note on the top of it.

Nico and I rushed over, he read the note and his eyes widened, bristling with tears.

I took the note from him and read.
'If you want your sister back, you will follow my instructions. Meet me at the shed at 5 PM sharp. Bring no one but yourselves.'

I didn't know what to say or do. I just stared blankly at that card.

If our father found out someone had taken our sister... the world would be in ruin.

Nico checked the time on his watch.

"We have an hour, come on, we need to be ready for anything."

We rushed back to our separate chambers and got any weapon we could, I wore black leggings and a black tank top with a jacket over top.

"Where are you going?" Princess Annabeth of the Wisdom Kingdom asked me. "Somewhere,"

She nodded but still looked a bit confused, she backed off, obviously not wanting to overstep her boundaries.

I grabbed a dagger with a black rose emblem on it, I always brought it for protection from everything.

I rushed back out and found Nico waiting for me.

We nodded at each other and started on our way there. Nico checked the time on his watch.

"We'll be just on time," he said.

We rushed to the shed and waited in front of it. We looked at each other desperately. But we knocked, ready.

We heard something unlock from the door and the door opened. We saw a flash of platinum blond hair and ice-blue eyes.

A hand signaled for us to come in and we obliged.

The first thing I saw was Bianca knocked out and tied to the wall. She had bruises on her arms and face as if she had struggled to escape immensely.

I looked at Nico and saw the dark look on his face.

Well... these people are getting destroyed

"Hello," we heard someone say, it was as if their voice was coming from everywhere and nowhere.

"Your sister isn't feeling amazing," the voice said.

"No shit," Nico snapped.

The voice chuckled, not a nice chuckle. It had a dark undertone, it was terrifying.

Suddenly, we heard glass shatter from somewhere.

We looked at Bianca and saw that she now had glass embedded in her forehead.

"Oops, my hand must've slipped," The voice said. This time the voice was coming from a person, the person had just suddenly appeared on a stool.

He had platinum blond hair cut short, his ice-blue eyes were dazzling and yet... threatening. He was wearing a suit and tie as if this was a game show.

Nico looked like he was about to lunge but I held him back.

"What do you want?" I said, surprisingly my voice sounded threatening.