Chapter 18. World Burns Down

(TW: BLOOD AND GORE)

Annabeth

"She is known as the Wicked Fae, her name though... is Peyton."

I look at them with terror in my eyes, they're faces show grave worry. "Our forces have told us that she will be attacking within the next couple of days... we want to get you and Percy on a ship today, to make sur-" Suddenly, there was a loud boom.

"She's here!" Someone ran up and screamed.

Feya looks at me quickly, urging me to run.

I shake my head and she lets out a ragged breath, "You aren't powerful enough to fight her yet... but I think you and Percy are the only ones who can get rid of her,"

My face goes pale, but I nod and run back to Percy and my room. "Percy! Get on some armor, now!" I command.

I hear shuffling then Percy walks out with a chest plate and sword. "Someone already notified me, they also brought an outfit for you..."

I nod and rush into the room. I hear some crashing outside the window, then I see a fire. I shake my head and run up to the bed.

My outfit consisted of leggings, a grey cloak, and a brown shirt. I had a crown I had to put on my head too, it was silver with black jewels. My boots were brown with laces, I quickly put them all on. I grabbed a couple of daggers and then rushed out of the room.

Percy was fighting a Fae, the Fae didn't seem super powerful though, as it wasn't using its powers. Percy quickly knocked it out and then looked at me, rushing out of the room.

I feel something creeping up on me and I smirk, dodging the dagger thrown at my back. "You think you can fool me that easily?" I chuckle, turning around.

There's a menacing face staring back at me, he seemed to be built like a mountain. "You sure about that?" He grins. I hear something flying and dodge that too. "Yes, I am,"

He rushes at me, I wait for him to start attacking. "Why aren't you attacking girl?"

"I am,"

"No, you aren't!" He screams. "I am," I grin, and grey bursts out of me, heading straight for him.

His face goes pale. "You—you!"

"Me?"

"Yes, you! Your grandmother had defeated my brother ten thousand years ago!"

Ten thousand?

"Your grandmother was full Fae!"

Oh.

Suddenly, he's dissipating into golden dust.

"Don't play with fire unless you wanna get burned." I grin and walk off.

I start running when I see Feya and Aeden being attacked by ten Evil Fae.

I throw a dagger and it travels into one of the Evil Fae's neck. I rush up to them with grey bursting out of me. Feya and Aeden look at me with surprise. The Evil Fae glance at me and then go pale. I gesture my hand at them and the grey envelops them. When it dissipates all that's left of them is gold and red dust.

"How have you already figured out your powers?" Feya asks. I shrug and say, "I dunno, randomly started knowing how."

Aeden chuckles and rushes off to fight another Fae.

I feel power enter my veins, I look at my hands and notice that they aren't my skin color. They've turned grey... so have my arms.

My ears feel like they're being pulled on again and I wince, then everything shines a bright white.