realization

[ A/N : for story purposes we are going to pretend Sans birthday is in March because it works better with my story timeline oops. So now he shares a birthday with Wonjun from E'LAST ]

__

San doesn't mention his birthday.

Not because he tries not to, or because he had some messed up shit happen to him as a kid.

Nothing like that.

It's just never something he's ever particularly cared to mention.

Not as a teenager, not as a senior in college.

He was a private person naturally, very much accustomed to living in the background, and somehow his birthday had never made it into the list of Things Choi San Cares Enough About to Draw Attention to Himself.

Which is why Hongjoong spent weeks during their freshman year just begging San to tell him when his birthday was, giving his best cherub smile, but San was a little bitch as Hongjoong liked to say and let the question remain unanswered.

This had inevitably resulted in San walking out of the shower one day to find Hongjoong prancing in the kitchen with San's drivers license in hand, squealing out March 8th! March 8th! as though he'd discovered something much cooler than the date his roommate was pushed out of his mother's birth canal.

The thing is, that was the only time San could ever recall one of his friends finding out about his birthday.

It started with Hongjoong, but when San and Hongjoong became San, Hongjoong, and Yeosang, the secret manifested and on the morning of San's birthday two years ago he'd woken up to both Hongjoong and Yeosang shaking their bare asses to Lady Gaga's Telephone without explanation.

So maybe it shouldn't have been such a surprise that Yunho also found out what day San's birthday was.

And that he told Seonghwa, and that Seonghwa told Mingi, and Mingi told Jongho, and Jongho told Wooyoung, and that on March 8th of that year he found himself being bombarded by seven boys and an array of confetti the second he walked out of his bedroom.

"Happy Birthday, bitch!"

San threw Hongjoong a glare, face still heavy with sleep, but he wasn't really mad.

Not when seeing Wooyoung so early in the morning with his face bare and his hair messy made San glow from the inside out.

"I would've put pants on if I knew we were having company." San said around a yawn, blushing a little when Seonghwa came forward to hug him despite his bare chest. "But, you know. Guess not."

"Nothing we haven't seen before," Seonghwa beamed, pulling away from San to smile over at Wooyoung. "Right, Wooyoung?"

Not good.

Nope- San did not wake up to have that shit thrown in his face.

"While you guys stand around with your dicks out, I'm gonna make breakfast." San announced, side stepping past Yeosang to make a beeline for the kitchen.