Chapter 4

Moonpaw hissed as one of the watermint leaves she was sorting ripped.
She'd been really clumsy the last few days, constantly thinking of Silverfrost and Brightdawn.
"Moonpaw?" Scartail's concerned meow came from outside.
The golden tom stepped in with a worried look on his face. "What's wrong?"
"N- nothing." She lied.
"Mhmm."
She could see the sympathetic look on the tom's face.
"What's wrong? Thinking of your parents?"
Moonpaw nodded sadly. "I want to be a good medicine cat, but I can't focus."
Tansyfield walked in.
"Just try to let go of the past." She mewed. "Your parents would've liked it if you would go on."
"Listen to Tansyfield." Scartail added. "She also lost her mother at a young age."
Moonpaw shook her head. "You were almost twelve moons old. I was just made an apprentice. And I lost both my parents, not just one."
"That's true... but still."
"Maybe you need fresh air." Tansyfield suggested. "You can go take a walk, and pick some herbs while you're out."
"Okay." Reluctantly Moonpaw left her work. "I'll go out, but not for long."

The scent of catmint grew strong.
Moonpaw glanced around.
I'm sure Scartail and Tansyfield will be happy if I bring them some of that.
She nipped off a few stems, then another scent caught her attention.
It smelled like grass, heather and wind.
Another clan?
She heard paw steps. Moonpaw approached cautiously.
She peeked out from behind a bush to see...
A Wingclan kit? What one earth would a Wingclan kit be doing here?
Moonpaw pushed through the bushes and the small golden kit spun around.