Archer's Arrow

***Archer Amarok***

***Archer Amarok***

Archer's P.O.V

It's been four years to the dot since we were shunned from our pack by our very own father. All because my brother and I wouldn't put aside our beliefs to do as he wished.

He was getting older, and since we were little my brother and I had been training to take over the pack. It was our purpose, the reason that we were born, at least in my father's eyes.

When it hit our eighteenth birthday the both of us were expected to take on the Alpha title. It was unheard of to have two Alpha's as in our pack's history there had never been a set of twins born out of the Lupin bloodline.

Traditionally it was the eldest member of the pack that became Alpha whether that be male or female, unless the current Alpha decided that they weren't fit for the job.

When it came down to it, it was my father's choice to choose who was to be his successor, the two of us were only born a minute apart. He chose me. There was only one problem, by pack law an Alpha could only take on his title if he had a Luna to rule alongside him.

My father had never been a patient man. "It could take years before you find your mate. That's to say if you even find her at all. So just do what I did." He told me.

I couldn't believe he would even suggest such a thing. He knew how important it was for me to find my mate. I made that clear at a young age when my grandfather began telling me stories of Tokoda and Aiyana.

I would never do what my father had done and settle down with anyone other than who the Moon Goddess had chosen for me. For me it wasn't even an option.

My mother was an amazing woman. She was kind where my father was not. She cared about the two of us deeply as a mother should care for her sons, while my father just saw us as an investment, someone to take over his title when his time as Alpha came to an end. He didn't care about us as he never did. He only cared about his image and what we could provide him.

Like many before us we had a human mother who was previously oblivious to the world in which we came from. They never talked about it much, but somehow she had come to love my father. I knew by the way that she acted around him, the way she looked up to him, she loved him with all that she had. She even left the life that she had before just to be with him, to start a family with him.

I also knew by the many years of being around them that he did not feel the same. I'm sure there was a part of him that cared for my mother, at least to an extent. He never harmed her physically, but he never put in the effort of making her feel loved.

All of us secretly knew that it was because he never truly loved her at all. I'm sure his lack of engagement was due to the fact that despite everything my mother had done for him, everything she had given him, it didn't change the fact that she wasn't his true mate. Despite her warm, comforting presence, he still didn't feel whole.