Ocean Blue

Rose's P.O.V

I had awoken in an unfamiliar area, in an unfamiliar room, surrounded by two unfamiliar people. I was terrified, and a part of me wondered if it was just another bad dream. I've been having a lot of those since being out here.

It was then when the events that unfolded previously replayed themselves. The mountain lion, the cliff, the water, then the large form of a muscular, tanned man with longer blonde hair scooping me up from the depths.

Looking closely at the two men before me I was met with not one but two sets of the most dazzling orbs. They were as blue as the ocean itself. It was worrisome just how much they drew me in. It was like I was drowning all over again, but this time toward a much more pleasant demise.

The two strange men were obviously brothers, identical twins. They were by far the most god-like men I had ever seen in my entire life. They made even the handsome actors that I had seen on the television in my younger years look like puny runts.

The both of them had the same slightly tanned muscular build, their defined six packs on full display as they stood shirtless in front of me. Only clothed in a pair of low waisted jeans, the visible v-line near the hem of their waste was on full display. Their height exceeded anyone that I had ever seen before. I knew that even when I stood they would tower over me like the skyscrapers that I used to see in movies. It was embarrassing, how their bulging arms almost made my mouth water. They were easily thicker than three of my arms combined.

Regardless of them being identical it was easy to set the two apart. The one closest to me, Ace, had long dirty-blonde hair, shaved on both sides of his head. It remained slicked back from the water it had absorbed, only a strand falling loose. His beard was neatly trimmed against his strong jawline. He looked gruff and gruesome, but his eyes looked warm and inviting. He looked un-belonging to what I remember the modern world being like. A true Viking.

His brother Archer, was just as jaw dropping. His hair, though the same color, was cropped short on his head. His chin, covered with blonde scruff. Something about him seemed dangerous, his piercing blue orbs so intense that goosebumps pricked my arms.

Why had these gorgeous men taken the time out of their day to save me? A part of me wished that they had just let me go.

I felt uncomfortable in their presence. I could only imagine what I looked like right now. I was wet, filthy, wearing only a rag to cover myself with, and I hadn't been able to properly brush my hair or wash my body in about two years.

Even if I appeared groomed and clean it wouldn't change the fact that I would appear as nothing more or less than a little ugly duckling.

"Where am I?" I asked, quietly.

"You're in our home." Archer said. It felt like there was more that he wanted to say, but stopped himself just before the words made their way out.

Sitting up on shaking arms, I finally felt the comfort of the soft bed I was laying on.

I would have stayed there forever enjoying the feeling, but the cold was setting in now, and I uncontrollably began to tremble. Becoming hyper aware of the state that I was in and held my knees close to my chest, pulling them in with my arms. My once white nightgown was most likely see-through now that it was sopping with water, the ends of it had torn on the bottom after years of wear and tear.

"Here." Archer said, coming over and quickly draping a warm blanket over my shoulders. The material caused a sense of relief, but strangely enough it was his fingertips lightly grazing my shoulders that caused an unexplained amount of warmth. I shook my head, writing it off as an after effect of being isolated for so long. "Maybe that was what human touch felt like after being deprived of it for so long." I thought