001. tutor

CHAPTER ONE
' tutor '

School was so boring

     ford always wondered if there were ever a limit to the clock ticking. if it stopped, would the world just explode? he would like for that to happen. it would be more exciting than being in a classroom full of boring no-goods for six hours straight, five days a week.

     he clicked his pen, blanking as he fixated upon the clock. it was only two minutes 'till the clock hit twelve. it wasn't going to be the end of the day yet, but getting a break from pure boredom was definitely better than nothing. anything was at this point.

     he just prayed to god that decathlon practice wouldn't go on today. he hated that shit and genuinely couldn't deal with it today. why was he even on the team? because he wanted a more eventful life. that was why.

     literally, snarky little comments were always thrown at him whenever he attended practice. usually they would all tell him that he was so dumb and cry about the fact that he (somehow) wasn't kicked off the team yet. the only one who didn't seem to do that to him was mj. she was the most careless person at midtown, always having her face stuffed in a book. he found her quite depressing with how stale she was with everyone, but at least she was nice. well, sometimes.

     when the clock hit twelve, the bell rung throughout the entire school. ford could verbally celebrate with relief. but he remained quiet, being the first one to scurry out of the classroom, so fast that he was still pulling his bag over his shoulder along the way.

     "'sup, hardy! gonna see your boyfriend?"

     that was the voice of flash thompson, the most annoying little rat within the school. he thought that he was everything and that all the girls wanted him (spoiler alert — they didn't).

     he trailed alongside ford very briefly, his irritating laugh sounding down the hallway that was now scattered with students.

     hardy rolled his eyes, "remind me, who's dad sucked me off last week?"

      flash easily frowned with those words and began to walk away. ford could care less and continued to ponder towards the lunch hall with his backpack loosely hanging from his shoulder.

     "tell him to call me, will ya?" ford called out to flash.

     ford then reached the lunch hall with a slightly lowered head. he felt some eyes on him as soon as he walked in. but he didn't care. people could stare at him if they wanted, it wasn't like it was illegal or anything.