Chapter 3

It wasn't in my nature to do the wrong thing. At least that was always what I had imagined, before I was the one writing a love letter to my brother, from Pansy Parkinson might I add, and slipping it under his dorm room door. How I got in there, might you ask? A couple days later, after the entire library incident, I thought about what Pansy had said. I couldn't let my secret be heard from the ears of everyone at this school. It was just too embarrassing. Pansy knew, and had always known, because we had grown up as family friends, and had once been great friends as a matter of fact. Had she not been selfish our first year it could have remained that way, but she fit the Slytherin stereotype awfully well, and has now resorted to blackmailing me. If she felt the same way about my brother that I had for the past four years about a certain ginger, I supposed it wouldn't hurt to give her a chance with him. I hated her for what she had done to me in the past, but I'd always hold a sweet spot in my heart for her knowing how close we used to be.

"Oh my God! Did you slide it under the door yet or not!" Pansy whisper shrieked.

"I did it, ok? Are you happy now?"

"Not completely, but I will admit, I do feel better now."

She gave me a wicked grin, and after pushing me out of the Slytherin common room with a mere disgusted look on her face, I was left alone to walk out of the dungeons at night to head back to my dorm. I wasn't usually the type who fancied breaking the rules, but it was truly my only option in this big mess.

I had turned a quick corner when all of a sudden I heard echoing footsteps clattering directly behind me.

"Hey! What are you doing out of bed late at night?" Asked professor Snape, a stern look on his face, said with an even more serious tone.

"I was just-"

"Silence at once!" He shouted.

"If you weren't Jonathan Roscol's kid, I'd have you expelled in an instant."

I nodded my head at him, unable to get any words out of my mouth.

"Have I made myself clear?" He questioned.

"Crystal." I said, through gritted teeth.

"20 points from ravenclaw! And you will head upstairs this instant!"

He flicked his dark cloak and sashayed away, his brisk walk helping his shoes to echo throughout the dungeons. I turned around and headed up into the main corridors, heading towards the Ravenclaw common room, when I heard something coming from the hall to my left. I hid behind a nearby pillar and stuck my ear to the wall.

"Come on Neville, it's just a toad. Do we really have to be out looking for it this late."

"Harry's right, and I second that, it would be better if we just call it quits."

"No Ron! We need to find him! I don't know what I'd do without him!"

I felt a sneeze coming up to the back of my throat, and before I could hold it back, I sneezed just loud enough to make the buys stop in their tracks and look directly at me.

"Blimey! What are you doing here?" Asked Neville, obviously scared to death by the expression appearing on his face.

"None of your business! Why are you guys up, anyways?"

"Just trying to find Neville's stupid toad." Mumbled Harry, who shot a look at Neville, causing the boy to sniffle and wipe a tear from his eye.

"Mind if I help?" I asked.

"Yea, good luck with that." Scoffed Ron.

"That would be awesome! Thank you Julie!" Smiled Neville.

"Why don't we go this way? I think I might have heard a ribbit from here earlier." I said.

"Sounds good to me!"

We headed down the narrowing hallway in silence, a gentle sniff from Neville here and there. After about 15 more minutes of searching, the lost toad was found, and we all started heading back to our dorms.

"You know, you really didn't have to help." Said Ron.

"But I'm so glad you did!" Beamed Neville.

"Well, I don't mind as long as I'm helping you out. I think my common room is a little further down, so maybe I'll catch you guys tomorrow?"

"Is walking down there all by yourself safe?" Questioned Ron.

"This is Hogwarts you dummy." Spat Harry.

"Well, I should be ok by myself, at least I hope."

"No, don't be silly I'll come with you. I'll be back quick guys, don't wait up." Said Ron, starting his walk further down the hallway. I shrugged my shoulders at the confused Neville and Harry, and then sped quicker down the rest of the hall to catch up with the nearly out of sight Ron.

"What made you come with me?" I asked.

"Oh, you know, just being nice I guess." He said, continuing his walk without looking me in the eyes.

"Oh, ok." I replied, feeling my heart sink a bit. Here I was walking with the boy of my dreams and he was only doing it to be nice. We arrived in front of my common room entrance, and as I started to say the password, I remembered that Ron was still there.

"Thank you for walking me back." I said, showing a sweet lips sealed smile.

"No problem." Said Ron.

"Bye Ron." I said in a sweet tone.

"Bye Julie."

I walked through the doors and up the stairs to my room. Careful not to wake the three other sleeping girls in my dorm, I quietly opened up the door and tiptoed to my bed. I decided to change, brush my hair, brush my teeth, wash off my face, and slide into the cozy bed covers. I checked the watch on my bedside table. Nearly 2:00am! Not given the recent activity, I tried my best to shut my eyes, and before I knew it, I drifted off into a very deep sleep.