Chapter Twenty Five

A/N: No I did not just randomly add a cup in the story. I've had this thing planned out since spring break last year. The cup has a meaning obvi.

Chapter Twenty Four/ Four

“A cup?” Emery asks as he examines my face. After dinner with the demons, I told Emery about the cup on my leg. I know that I shouldn’t trust Emery, but for some reason, I kind of do.

“Yes a cup.” I answer and nod. Emery looks puzzled for a moment.

“Let me see it.” He says. I reluctantly lift up the skirt of my dress so he could see the cuts. He looks at the drawing, assess it, and gasps.

“That’s not a cup.” He says with disbelief written on his face. I give him a dumb look; that is obviously a cup. He sees it and rolls his eyes.

“It’s the Goblet of Gabriel. I haven’t seen that thing in years.” He explains with shock laced in his voice. “It’s used to bring people like you to your full power.” Full power? This reminds me of what information I got at the library that time that fish lady told me that Satan was going to take my soul.

“How does it work?” I ask curiously. Emery doesn’t realize he is committing treason right now. A bad guy helping the good guy. Emery just goes on to explaining it.

“Well you need blood of at least two un-full powers and blood of a full power. You mix it and drink it out of the goblet. But that’s kind of hard when no one knows where the goblet is; not after some greedy full power hid it. But for the goblet to work at all, you need to have the other two objects of Gabriel. You know that ring I gave you? That’s one of the objects of Gabriel; it’s used to magnify your powers until you become a full power.

“The second object is a trinket—or what modern day society calls a bracelet. There are about ten rings and bracelets on earth. They’re supposed to be recycled to un-full powers after un-full powers became full powers, but full powers kept the objects thinking it would make them stronger, when in reality it only makes un-full powers stronger. Because of the lack of objects of Gabriel, a lot of chosen ones never got full power, so they became insane.” That explains why I felt immensely stronger after putting on the ring Emery gave me. That reminds me, I never gave Jesse his ring.

“So all I have to do is find a goblet, put some blood in it, drink it, and I’m done?” I ask. This sounds way too easy.

“Well you need the bracelet.” He says while looking at me stupidly. I push up the fluffy sleeve of my dress and present the bracelet my dad gave to me, to him.

“Is this it?” Emery looks up at me in shock. He grabs my wrist and examines the old leather. I can barely react when Emery clenches his fist and lunges at me. I shut my eyes and flinch, preparing for the impact that never came. I hear a crash and a groan come from somewhere in the room. I open my eyes to see Emery lying beneath a huge hole in the wall. He groans.

“Yep that’s it.” He mutters. He lifts himself up and assess the hole. “High power demons like me can’t get hurt in Hell, unless a Gabriel object is brought into the picture.” Emery explains, still trying to recover from the hit.

“Whoa! My dad was right when he said this thing would protect me.” I say looking at my wrist in new-found amazement.

“Your dad a full power?” Emery asks while stretching his limbs out. I lower my head and shake it in sadness.

“No, my dad became insane.” I whisper. Tears were coming on unexpectedly, I’ve barely cried about this before, so why is now a time to cry. It is too late for my dad. Emery puts his hand on my shoulder and I lift my head.