seven. your boys

the back rooms were filled with chatter, coming in with yet another sweeping victory. you walked behind all of them, letting what they said go in one ear and out the other. the game had been the fourth one of the season, and the rain that battered the windows reflected that. early november had come in with a chill, and stuck the honey colored leaves with its wind. you marked on your clipboard, checking off to make sure each of the sticks were on their respective racks.

"good game, good game, boys!" coach zhongli called down to them besides you as you looked at your clipboard. "we have a press conference in fifteen, so hurry it up!"

"yes, coach!" they replied, before continuing their laughter down into the locker rooms.

"they're going to be late," he muttered, but shook his head with a smile. turning to you, he nodded to his office. "let's have a conversation in my office, y/n. it's about the next game."

following him into his office, coach sat in his chair, sitting across from you. you sat in the opposing seat, placing your clipboard on his desk. "so, what about the next game?"

"it's a roadie," he replied bluntly.

referring back to childe's flashcards, you couldn't think of any card with the word. "a roadie?"

"a road trip. it's our first away game, because miraculously, we've only had home games the past month," he said. "as manager, you're going to have an addition of responsibilities."

"such as?"

"loading the bus, making sure that none of them wander off to far, head count, checking in, checking out of the hotel, et cetera. i'll be the one to handle formalities between the other colleges."

"ah, i see," you hummed, placing a hand on your chin. "that shouldn't be too hard, coach. i'll see to it best i can."

"i expect nothing less," he replied, before reaching down in his desk drawers. coach zhongli slipped over a few pages, listing your responsibilities. "here's the exact list. don't let me down."

"i–" you began, only to be interrupted by the shrieks of the team. wincing, you rose, clipping the papers to your clipboard. "i should round them up for the press conference, but be assured that i will not let you down."

"ah, that's right. we have only a few minutes to spare," he said, rising from his chair. "let's be off then."

the conference room was full of reporters from top sports networks. seven microphones were on the table, with a name card labeled appropriately. as the boys and coach zhongli filed in to the long table, you stood with your clipboard on the sidelines. on the players' cheeks were a prominent flush and faces still a little slick from sweat.

"let's begin," a pr manager that you had recognized announced, pointing to the front row. photographers flickered their cameras, and a soft murmur settled over the crowd."right here, front in center."

"coach zhongli, congratulations on the win," the reporter in the red suit began. "how do you think your team played today? anything special from the momentum of the past three wins?"

"i think my boys played excellently today, but it was nothing out of the ordinary," he replied coolly, not even shifting in his chair. his arms stayed crossed as he stared back at the journalist. "i certainly did not expect diluc's fake out of the other team's forward, but it was effective nonetheless."

you swore you heard the slightest scoff from diluc. "alright, next, second to last row?"

"soraya, from sumeru press," the woman announced. "this question is for the freshmen, xingqiu and chongyun. coach called that time-out around the 40 minute mark. you two were being talked to the most, as the announcers observed up in the stands. afterwards, you managed to prevent not one, but two goals. what did he say?"

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 22, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

thin ice | childe x readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें