pathetic love

I woke up from a deep slumber. It had been a week since you got asked to be on the cover. Even with the problems with usijima was easy to forget from the overwhelming happiness you felt. Before you can get up your phone started ringing

Incoming call from Kooru :)

I picked up the phone and heard yelling from the other side of the phone "Kooru??" That didn't help. He started yelling about god knows what. I heard a door slam and pure silence. "Ok so hi y/n."

"Are you gonna even explain what just happened?" I sat there confused. "Nah it's not even that big of a deal." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "So that yelling was nothing?" I asked getting up from bed. "Jess got mad because I've been staying late at work." He sighed, rubbing his temples. "It's okay you guys always get through it. Y'all always have ever since high school." reassuring the boy over the phone.

"Okay but look at you and usijima." He sighed. He was right. What hope can he have if me and usijima are on the last straw of this relationship. Everyone always admired us for almost having the perfect relationship but it wasn't always like that. I've always been insecure and he's oblivious. Turns out I was right to be insecure.

"Okay man I get it but look at you guys have never cheated. Hopefully that won't happen but man you have kenma there to help also. You're not alone."

The black haired boy sighed and finally came to his senses. "You're right y/n I'm sorry. I don't know why I even brought it up." Everyone knew what had happened. Of course usijima's manager performed miracles to make sure it wouldn't spread. But obviously enough people knew. Mostly your friend group but obviously word still got around. I would've loved the world to know how much of a piece of shit he was but what would they think of me? Weak? Stupid? A ton of words came to my mind.

"It's okay man Don't worry about it. What were you calling about?" I made my way to the restroom to brush my teeth. "I just wanted to let you know that it's official now the paperwork has been sent back to bokuto and also to ask you if you're gonna go to his party today?" My mind completely slipped. I forgot it was today. "Dude I forgot about that." I said before sticking the toothbrush in my mouth.

"Thank god I called. Well you have nothing on your schedule so I'm gonna assume you're gonna go no?"
I hesitated for a moment but I needed a night out. I could have fun with Alicia and my friends. A night out of this house that haunts me to be in.

"Yea I'll go. Is kenma going? I miss him." I asked while cleaning my teeth. "Yea he's my plus one Jess can't go she has to go visit her mom." I spit out the toothpaste left in my mouth. "Yea I'll go I'll see you later yea?" We said our goodbyes and hung up. I finished brushing my teeth. I washed my face and made my way downstairs. I was relieved to see that usijima wasn't here. It had been a week and we hadn't talked a lot. Mostly because I yelled at him the other day. We have therapy tomorrow but even if we go it's always yelling.

I started making breakfast when I heard the door open. He walked in all sweaty and looking tired. Usually after practice we would shower together but it's been like 3 months since we haven't. Ever since I caught him. We haven't even had sex. I just think he's nasty now.

"What are you making?" He asked putting his bag down by the door. "Waffles you want some?" I asked. I don't know why I'm even being this nice to him. "Yea two please." He walked over to the dining room as he waited for his waffles. When I finished them I gave them to him. Before I can walk away he grabbed my wrist and he just looked at me. "What do you want?" I asked him.