Chapter III {A murder in the mall}

...

Last night was...well, not very fruitful. I woke up with a bad headache because of all the fighting yesterday. Henry called me this early morning and invited me to join him in a shopping spree, just like old times. How could I reject his offer?

So I threw the blankets aside and opened the curtains to let the sunlight brighten up my day, then changed into some formal clothes for the day out. He also informed me that, Penelope is also joining us! She loves to drink boba, and so do I! I honestly miss the good old days of high school, where we three were inseparable.

Then, with all this excitement in my mind, I let my hair down and marched into the living room bravely, but that bravery went out like a burnt matchstick in a second as soon as I saw him by the couch. I cleared my throat to get his attention,

"I am going out with my friends to a mall nearby" I said bluntly, still a little angry about yesterday as I opened the door and stood by the handle, waiting for his response.

"With...who, babe?" He asked, his voice sounded irritated while his glare give me chills down my spine,

"...with some of my friends" I answered honestly while facing his dark black orbs with unease,

"Not just that brown haired guy, right?" He questioned, his stare piercing through my diamond blue eyes fiercely. I gulped before answering,

"W-We are just friends, Aaron! And P-Penelope is joining..."

"...you know that I love you right, babe?" He sneered, pinching my cheeks as I gently slapped his hand away from my face, "Be back by lunch"

"Dinner"

"Lunch" he ordered,

"Dinner! I don't have time to argue with you even more like last night, Aaron! I will be back by dinner"

I slammed the door behind me with all my force and took my car to have an amazing day with my friends. I just don't understand why Aaron always questions my loyalty. It annoys me so much, it is like, he doesn't even trust me.

I stopped the car by the marked lines in the mall's car parking and walked in the mall, searching for those two idiots like an idiot.

"OVER HERE YOU NOODLES HAIR!" came a voice as all the attention suddenly directed to me, I saw those two by the escalator and I walked to them feeling embarrassed and with an urge to kick that guy in the face.

"Can't you call me by my name or something, Mr detective? Look at those people looking at me weirdly..." I whispered, "Anyways, how is life going on for my so productive friends?"

"Very destructive and painful" he answered immediately with interlocked arms,

"SUNSHINES AND RAINBOWS!" She screamed with excitement as she leapt over me and grabbed my shoulders, "How is 'you and Aaron' going?"

"We are uhh...fine I guess? Yes we are good" I replied with a little confusion, "Penelope, I still can't believe that our class's number one delinquent became a detective, can you believe it?"

"Who is also a tsundere!" Added Penelope with a giggle as Henry became flustered by their comments,

"For the love of God, I AM NOT A TSUNDERE!" He yelled,

"And that is exactly what a tsundere would say, right Hannah?" Penelope laughed,

"I agree, but whatever, why don't we get some icecream?" I smiled warmly as I was craving for some chocolate cones right now,

"No, you will get sick" Henry muttered, "How about we get some hot chocolate instead around that corner?"

"You are boring as usual, you delinquent!" Penelope said while crossing her arms, "I still don't get it, how did my past self even tolerate a teenage tsundere who is also a violent delinquent?"

"Yes, I was a delinquent! So what? I seriously want to kill my past self for being so vicious and wild..." Henry confessed while the other two laughed, "How about we meet up with your boyfriend after our hangout?"

"...I don't know, he will probably get jealous of you" I mumbled as Penelope grew worried, "and I even told him that you are just my bestfriend!"

"Does he even trust you?" Penelope asked without beating around the bush, " I swear it has been weeks since you two are dating..."

"WEEKS?!? ALRIGHT! I AM MEETING THAT GUY." Henry yelled, "I thought they just started dating! How could you not tell me this Penelope you traitor-"

Henry became suddenly quiet as he heard the word 'murder' on the news in the nearby electronic section. His attention shifted from us to the news as me and Penelope also listened to the news with curiosity as this has grabbed a detective's ear,

"Breaking news! There has been a murder occured in the Recon mall. The victim of this cruelness..."

"Recon mall? Well, that rings a bell..." Penelope said while thinking hardly where she heard that name before,

"I-It is the mall we are in right now, Penelope..." Henry stuttered nervously while looking worried, "I have to go, you two can stay here-"

"Yeah, we are comming" we both said in union as he looked kind of petrified,

"Ofcourse you are welcome to stick along, Penelope, you are my assistant, and Hannah...I am afraid you can't handle it" Henry muttered, aviating his eyes away while his mind was filled with all the disturbing sights he saw before,

"Oh, I can" I said with confidence, cause, I would rather stay with him, rather than stay out in the middle of a mall with a murderer on loose. Totally not cause, I don't know how to fight or anything I swear!

"Fine, I guess it is safer for you that way" he sighed, grabbing my shoulders lightly as I lifted my head up to see him face to face, why is every guy I met always taller than me?

"Just don't disturb me while I work, alright?"

"Sure"

...