Chapter Eighteen

I stayed in there with her for hours before any of us spoke. It was dead silent, due to the fact that we still didn't know the condition of the baby. Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer, but I hadn't a clue as to what to say.

"She'll be fine, you know. Coming from parents like you two...she'll be just fine."

Almost thirty minutes later, a nurse came in with the baby. "She's perfectly healthy! It's a wonder, seeing the difficult birth! Do you have any names for her?" She handed a small pink bundle to Jada.

"Yes," Jada said smiling at the baby. "Her name's gonna be Haven Amaranth Cage."

"Er...Haven? Hmm...that's awfully close to...Heaven!? Hey, that isn't fair!"

"What?" The two of them smiled "innocently" at me. Addison and Kayleigh came in and Alec followed closely behind them. Is everything alright?

"NO! They used my name! Without even telling me! Why the hell would you use my name!" As angry as I was, everyone laughed, and after they laughed, Jada asked if I wanted to hold her. "Uh...yeah." Now I understood. Why they would use Haven. She is a safe Haven for them. I know it.

"7lb, 11oz, 21in long. Big baby. I can't wait to see who she looks more like when she grows up!" Jada said smiling happily.

"Alec, are you okay?" I looked at him and he had this weird expression on his face. It was so weird I couldn't even tell you what it was!

"Er...yeah, come here a second, will you? I need to talk to you."

"Hm? Sure." He left the delivery room and walked down the hall a good ways. "What is it? Is something bothering you?"

"Um...well. I have to ask. Addison filled me in on the entire conversation. Why did she want you there? I mean, beside the obvious. Yes, I know that's your sister in law, but it sounded as if...well, as if she needed you."

 "Er...well, Jada had some kind of condition in which she can't have children. And if she does, that child will die. So, when Derek found out they were pregnant, she was on complete bed rest. When I came to visit them, I could just sense that the baby inside her was sick." I left out the part about the whole "woods" thing, because he still didn't know that it was me yet--or did he? Oh well.

"Sense? How could...? But then...how did you know that...the umbilical cord...was...?"

"Hm? How did you hear that?" I asked.

His face turned sour. "Nothing.Never mind. You can go back."

WTF?! "What? You brought me all the over hear, ask me one question, and as soon as I ask one of my own, you get nasty and tell me to split! Ugh! What is wrong with you? You've been like this since you looked at me when you walked in the delivery room! Baka, never mind, I'm going back!" I scorned, seriously pissed. I mean, what was his problem!?

I walked back alone. I didn't hear him follow me, and I didn't care much. Or...had I gone to far? They were only words, so it shouldn't've bothered him. But, who knows? I sort of had mixed feelings.

"Is there something wrong, Heaven?"

"Uh? Oh, no, why?"

"I was just...wondering. Your face seemed a bit...perplexed," Addison said, slightly unconvinced. Okay, a lot, actually.

"No, I'm fine. How is everyone else?"

"Just fine. Come see Haven. She wants you."

What. The. Hell?!

"What do you mean 'wants me'? Isn't that like...impossible?"

"Well, theoretically, yes. But, this is what she says." I really couldn't comprehend what she was saying. She said this? That really is impossible. I mean, there's no way even I would believe this! But, I at least had to humor her, right?

"Okay, I'm coming. Addison, how do you know she wants me?" I asked.

"Well, I don't know really, it's hard to tell, but we just can. It's hard to explain. It's like she wants you and she's going to tell someone she does."

"Ok, I guess. I couldn't even guess at what she could possibly 'want'."

We walked down the hallway and I stood at the door of the hospital room looking at Jada holding Haven. Truly a miracle. Suddenly, Haven looked up, and that was saying something, because newborn babies could not hold their own heads up. That is the reason their mothers do it for them. She smiled at me and laughed, looking at me. She was making a...well a baby sound, and reaching her arms out for me.

"She wants you," Jada said.

"Okay...?" I walked up to her and held out my arms. And once my skin touched her's, I understood. It was like when I was communicating to her when she was still unborn. I could hear her, understand what she wanted.

"You saved me."

What the hell!? Now I know I'm going crazy!

"Okay, um, I might need a shrink now, because--"

"Thank you. So much, auntie. Now you know what you can do. How you can communicate. Use it."

What in the world?!

I might have lost consciousness right about then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short. I haven't uploaded, and I know this chap is real boring. I just had to upload. I promise the next one will be more...Interesting.

Thanks for reading!

♥Aphie