1.2|| Welcome

Episode 1|| Welcome

"So, where are the two of you headed after school, hmm?" I rolled my eyes at Lu's ridiculously annoying question. It definitely sounded simple and innocent but if it had anything to do with Lu, innocent was far from it.

After class ended the 6 of us met up at the cafeteria to get some food. Thankfully over the years I haven't had to digest any awful cafeteria junk, but it's a given when my dad pays thousands of dollars just for my tuition. Even then, a balsamic glazed salad sits (now empty) on the table in front of me. I glanced at the boys who were engaging in a conversation of their own, so they shouldn't have heard anything Lu had said.

Unexpectedly though, Anders eyes found my own and he shot me a quick little smile before returning his attention to the boys. Probably just to check in. And even with that little gesture that probably meant nothing in his head, it meant everything to me. It made me fall deeper into this dee dark hole that only leads to one thing.

Heartbreak.

"Lu, can we not," I sighed and pushed away the empty bowl just because I needed to do something. "Besides he didn't even tell me where he needed to go just that he had to be somewhere."

"You know, if you actually want to show him how you feel, saying yes to everything he asks you isn't the right move, chica" Carla laughed and leaned in more so that the boys couldn't hear. I silently thanked her in my head since she was closer to them and had higher chances of being heard. That's even if Guzman and Polo haven't already gotten the notion that I was far beyond interested than being just friends with their boy.

"For your information, I don't always say yes to anything he says. I don't say yes to anything unless I get something in return— and speaking of return I need to exchange some shoes I bought the other week." I sigh getting sidetracked from whatever the conversation was. I hated talking about my unrequited and unknown love for my best friend especially when he was not more than a foot away from me. Even then, it makes me uncomfortable to the point where I push the topic away. Like now.

"And there she goes," Lu announces my exit of conversation to Carla watching me as I move around Guzman to face the boy he was speaking to.

"Ah, Dani, dani, dani, how is my little sister huh? Still daydreaming about stupid shit all day?" He laughed as he swung an arm around my shoulder pulling my in for a side kind of hug.

"Well, thank god I'm not your actual little sister or that would've made my life a living hell. Mariana has a hard life." I scoff and shoot his arm off my shoulder before moving closer to Ander. Guzman was the typical "older brother" figure between the lot of us. Growing up he even took the leadership role of our group. He usually knew what was going on between things. Kept all the details and information of what was happening in the group and all of the other bullshit I didn't care to think about. And I would actually never admit it to him ever, but I didn't enjoy the fact of having an older sibling figure considering I was an only child. Even if we are the same age.

"And for your notice I don't daydream. I plan about all the possible ways to murder you in your sleep, Hermano." I smile innocently at Guzman and

Guzman laughs and replies, "you know speaking of Mariana, my parents are wondering if your father is attending her coming out party. Guest list and shit."

"No I don't think so. I talked about it to him a couple days ago but he said he wouldn't be able to make it. He's flying to Abu Dhabi to meet with some clients, but I told him he has to buy Mariana whatever she wants since he wasn't going." It wasn't even that hard. I don't think papa was even listening to me when I told him about it. He would've done anything for Mariana regardless of it was her coming out party or not.